View Poll Results: How should RP be gained?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1) Using a skill-based system (see BRCS-playtest for an example)

13 61.90%
  • 2) Using a class-based system (see the 2nd ed BRRB for 2nd ed style example)

6 28.57%
  • 3) Something else (Please specify)

2 9.52%
  • 4) Abstain (or I don't really care)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Why would you want to see how people have voted before you do anyway? Can't you make up your own mind?
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, logging in as a guest, seeing how things are so far and then voting defeats the whole idea of voting. It is like saying: "I don't do what I like, I just like siding with the winners!" If you feel proud of such an accomplishment, be our guest (pun intented)...

As for the poll, I have to say that I like skills best, but using class features is a bood point in any case. An idea would be that a noble can choose from a list of class features to get, one of which is providing a competence to RP-producing skills.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just for the record I voted for the skill based system. I've always liked it best but was basing my case on the discussion that ocurred a long time ago concerning the issue. This is the first vote though so hopefully it will put an end to the discussion, well at least as far as what should be in the BRCS not what people think.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    In defence of those poor slobs whose character has been attacked in this discussion :P . If I have a predecided position on an issue I would just vote, then look at results. If I am undecided and need time to think, I would want to see the poll results out of idle curiousity.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK it is time to close this poll. Here are the results:

How should RP be gained?
    1) Using a skill-based system (see BRCS-playtest for an example) [ 13 ] [61.90%]
    2) Using a class-based system (see the 2nd ed BRRB for 2nd ed style example) [ 6 ] [28.57%]
    3) Something else (Please specify) [ 2 ] [9.52%]
    4) Abstain (or I don't really care) [ 0 ] [0.00%]

So it looks like RP should be gained using a skill-based system (more than 2 to one).
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information