Hybrid View

CBebris@aol.co

Where to send votes

In a message dated 98-01-29 00:53:23 EST, you write:

>

If that's the case, then my first Act of Office will be to straighten out this
    voting mess. There are so many people taking votes that no one knows what's
    going on or who to send them to. Do you know what this reminds me of? All the
    individual regents of a certain game we all love scrambling for the Iron
    Throne. :)

Unlike the emperorship, however, it doesn't really matter who collects the
    votes, so long as it gets done in an organized fashion. So, at the risk of
    overstepping my authority here, I'm going to make a completely arbitrary
    decision. This decision is not made out of favoritism, and I hope that none of
    the other volunteers will feel slighted. I seek only to facilitate the voting
    process so that all of you can move on to the really fun part of this project:
    creation.

SO--I hereby declare that Ian Hoskins is the official vote collector. From his
    updates, he seems to have collected the most votes so far, so he might as well
    finish the job. If you haven't already voted for what city you want to
    develop, send your vote to:

hoss@box.net.au

If you have already sent a vote to someone else, send it again to Ian (this
    should eliminate potential duplication that could result from other collectors
    forwarding what they have).

All that having been said, I want to make it clear that I'm NOT volunteering
    to coordinate this project. With the campaign setting relaunch and the whole
    Shadow World story arc coming up, I just can't devote the time it would take.
    Also, perhaps it's the former teacher in me, but I believe this online city
    should be *your* city, built on *your* ideas, and I wouldn't want to influence
    it too heavily.

However, this project clearly needs a coordinator, a single person who has the
    authority to say "Send your votes to so-and-so," who will keep track of who's
    doing what, and make other announcements to the list. It also needs a steering
    committee, DMs in charge of certain areas.

So, I will help you this far: If you are interested in being the Overall
    Coordinator, send me a private e-mail by February 5, with
    the subject heading "BR Overall Coordinator." If you like, you may also
    include a statement of NO MORE THAN 200 WORDS to distinguish you from other
    candidates. I will compile these and put it to the list for a vote. If you are
    interested in being on the steering committee but not the Overall Coordinator,
    please wait until the coordinator is chosen and then contact that individual.
    Once the coordinator is chosen and the steering committee established, you're
    on your own. That doesn't mean I won't advise you on specific questions you
    may have; it just means my active role will be over.

Carrie Bebris

Jim Cooper

Where to send votes

CBebris@aol.com wrote:
    >
    > In a message dated 98-01-29 00:53:23 EST, you write:
    >
    > >
    >
    > If that's the case, then my first Act of Office will be to straighten out this
    > voting mess. There are so many people taking votes that no one knows what's
    > going on or who to send them to. Do you know what this reminds me of? All the
    > individual regents of a certain game we all love scrambling for the Iron
    > Throne. :)
    >
    > Unlike the emperorship, however, it doesn't really matter who collects the
    > votes, so long as it gets done in an organized fashion. So, at the risk of
    > overstepping my authority here, I'm going to make a completely arbitrary
    > decision. This decision is not made out of favoritism, and I hope that none of
    > the other volunteers will feel slighted. I seek only to facilitate the voting
    > process so that all of you can move on to the really fun part of this project:
    > creation.
    >
    > SO--I hereby declare that Ian Hoskins is the official vote collector. From his
    > updates, he seems to have collected the most votes so far, so he might as well
    > finish the job. If you haven't already voted for what city you want to
    > develop, send your vote to:
    >
    > hoss@box.net.au
    >
    > If you have already sent a vote to someone else, send it again to Ian (this
    > should eliminate potential duplication that could result from other collectors
    > forwarding what they have).
    >
    > All that having been said, I want to make it clear that I'm NOT volunteering
    > to coordinate this project. With the campaign setting relaunch and the whole
    > Shadow World story arc coming up, I just can't devote the time it would take.
    > Also, perhaps it's the former teacher in me, but I believe this online city
    > should be *your* city, built on *your* ideas, and I wouldn't want to influence
    > it too heavily.
    >
    > However, this project clearly needs a coordinator, a single person who has the
    > authority to say "Send your votes to so-and-so," who will keep track of who's
    > doing what, and make other announcements to the list. It also needs a steering
    > committee, DMs in charge of certain areas.
    >
    > So, I will help you this far: If you are interested in being the Overall
    > Coordinator, send me a private e-mail by February 5, with
    > the subject heading "BR Overall Coordinator." If you like, you may also
    > include a statement of NO MORE THAN 200 WORDS to distinguish you from other
    > candidates. I will compile these and put it to the list for a vote. If you are
    > interested in being on the steering committee but not the Overall Coordinator,
    > please wait until the coordinator is chosen and then contact that individual.
    > Once the coordinator is chosen and the steering committee established, you're
    > on your own. That doesn't mean I won't advise you on specific questions you
    > may have; it just means my active role will be over.
    >
    > Carrie Bebris
    >
    Thank You very much, Carrie!!!!

Thread Information