Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It looks very much like Birthright... Someone knows more about it?

The life of the common folk is assailed from all fronts and, while adventurers may prove a solution to invasion by monsters and an oppressive governor, they are in no position to help them against a harsh winter, a poor harvest, plagues or, in the most extreme cases, war. Such protection is the responsibility of the people’s liege, be it chieftain, king or emperor. It is the liege upon whose head weighs the consequences of a poor decision, upon whom the responsibility lies to protect his land from invaders and who can muster the power of that same land in a spiritual bond that legitimises his rule.

Wielding the power of his ancient bloodline, a true liege inherits the heavy responsibility to dictate the fates of his subjects, to place his mark on the weave of history and ultimately to pass down such noble heritage to his successors, so that they may rule with wisdom and strength.

In this boxed set, you will find everything you need to create and manage enormous kingdoms, to wage war, to forge trade and diplomatic alliances which will last centuries and to ensure your character’s places in the records of history.

The three main books give players all the tools they need to create powerful characters whose actions determine the fates of thousands as well as provide rules to help players manage whole kingdoms in fantasy worlds. The rules for characters and kingdoms can be separated so that they can be used in any pre-existing campaign, with an easy to adapt system for managing resources and direction the actions of an entire population, all the while leaving the door open for old-style adventuring. The third book deals with Tarasen, the official campaign world of Bloodlines, as well as its six great nations which provide a fertile ground for political as well as military conflict, the bread and butter of a liege’s life.

The boxed set also contains a set of cards detailing the units of an army, usable in the Bloodlines epic combat system, as well as maps of battlefields in which to stage the clash of armies, in addition to the larger maps of Tarasen and its territories.
    Link: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/detail.p...loodline#others

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like somebody with their own version of BR avoiding the legal tangles by setting in a different world. Should be interesting, and if I'm not mistaken it will be a product bought by many on this list.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Depending on how new the information is will be interesting.

If their bloodline information is based on (or too similar to):

1) the Dragon #315 info (owned by Paizo)

2) or similar to anything posted on Birthright.net (joint owned by the author and WotC - see the pinned post concerning "official fansites")

if it is entirely new or based on UA then there is really legally wrong - it just has that appearance

Oh yeah and unless it it OGC we can't use it due to 2) above
    Duane Eggert

Well, I clicked the link and it when you pull up the info it has the option to Preorder it... So, it hasnt even come out yet it seems.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Geez, Ird. Lighten up. Someone`s putting out a game that seems cool

and is exactly the sort of thing we`re interested in reading, playing,

and talking about. I for one really want to pick it up...

--Lord Rahvin
    NOTE: Messages posted by Birthright-L are automatically inserted posts originating from the mailing list linked to the forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hmmm the red B of bloodline seems very familiar to... not even to mention the cover it self.... looks pretty much the same as WotC had in mind for the revised BR rulebook.

Arjan
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well... most people think of me as a rules-master (and thankfully not as a rules-lawyer), mainly due to the fact that I have studied the systems I play with extensively so that I understand the underlying mechanics perfectly (this is not meant to be the way of saying "I am superior than the rest of you; bow before me!", just the way of saying "I have realised how the math works and I can't stand reading porrly written junk!"), and I have to tell you that most of Mongoose works, on the mechanics side, is utter rubbish! They at least understand the way BAB and BSB work, unlike others whose work I've (unfortunately) read...

On the other hand, most of the books they publish is thematically good in one way or another, even if they miss the stereotypes by far; and since their work is supposed to be able to fit in almost any setting, it is bad that they differentiate their work from the typical, but they at least are not the same old stuff!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Birthright-L@May 5 2004, 02:00 PM
    Geez, Ird. Lighten up. Someone`s putting out a game that seems cool

and is exactly the sort of thing we`re interested in reading, playing,

and talking about. I for one really want to pick it up...

--Lord Rahvin
    I wasn't saying it wouldn't be worth picking up or even using (I think I'll have to get myself a copy).

I was only trying to make sure that people understand the 'restrictions' that Birthright.net is operating under before they start to say "incorporate this in the BRCS" or other similar phrasing or start to post individual write-ups that utilize information from the book (or any other one for that matter).

It is interesting - 6 races (I wonder if they have the Masetaens ).
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    At 10:27 PM 5/5/2004 +0200, irdeggman wrote:

>I was only trying to make sure that people understand the `restrictions`

>that Birthright.net is operating under before they start to say

>"incorporate this in the BRCS" or other similar phrasing or

>start to post individual write-ups that utilize information from the book

>(or any other one for that matter).

Mongoose publishes a lot of their material under the OGL. I don`t know

what they`ll do with this particular product, but if they hold to their

previous standards the material that isn`t subject to the D20 SRD will be

open content--and the stuff that is part of the SRD is already pretty

openly available. Descriptions of races and prestige classes are closed

content in their texts.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for some background on the company Gary. OGC is different than OGL. OGC is a fairly recent concept from WotC that has more open application than does OGL. OGC means that anything that is OGC can be reused and 'sold' by someone else in way desired. OGL material is still 'owned' by the parent company and can't be used in that manner although it can be referenced, etc.

Again the problem is with the how Official fan site contract restrictions place anything posted here as joint owned by the author and WotC, well OGL is still owned soley by the author so what could conceivably happen is that 'we' copy some of the Bloodlines material (assuming it is OGL and post it as part of the BRCS (or something similar) - well then WotC can claim it as their IP and 'sell' it, giving credit to the BR net authors as joint authors, etc., etc. I think I'm going to go crazy here. . . .

The only good lawyer is one at the bottom of the lake
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information