Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The 'corruption' of the SW had to have started prior to Deismaar. See Bloodspawn for some of the details of Azrai's influence - which started prior to Deismaar.

See also the split of the Sie/Sidhe, which occurred prior to Deismaar.

Also when did the halfling migration to Cerillia start to occur? Prior to Deismaar - since they were around earlier than the fall of the old gods and they were fleeing the corruption in their home.

I tend to think that Deismaar forced the dead to remain or to be drawn to the Shadow World. A strong possibility (beared out by Bloodspawn) is that the SW is actually the source of life in Aebryinnis so when Deismaar happened thelost and other undead were drawn back to the source of life (i.e., the SW). I don't necessarily think that undeath is an inherent part of the SW only a result of other things.

The Seeming is more than just Illusion, although it is strongly based in Illusion. So having some necromancy associated with the SW could work, since necromancy is more than just undead (creating or destroying life, etc.). The main focus of the SW is that of ever changing reality so if that is what is kept at its core then it all works. I guess Chaos themed magic would also apply.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    No remarks for me work... *sniff*

heheh, well rasp i was being polite in posing it as questions.

As for your spell, maybe include the cleric domain Evil in those who can cast it. And what would a spell like Sunburst do to it? Dispel it maybe? Probably good to put in any counters to it just to be clear, if there will be any that is.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm... Isn't Sunbeam a 7th-level spell (lent my PHB to an awfully good newbie role-player that is not yet accustomed to the rules, sorry)? If so, if Sunbeam is targeted at you while Mantle of the Night is in effect, Mantle of the Night is dispelled and Sunbeam deals no damage to you, while a Sunburst or other spell of equal or higher level dispel the Mantle of the Night and work normally; they can counter Mantle of the Night.

Yep, Sunbeam is 7th level.

Mantle of the Night seems like a cool spell to me.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yup it is a cool spell. Might have some restriction on when in can be cast though - like it is less effective (has it's DC affected) by the Shadow World proximity conditions.

tcharazazel, the way it is written Evil is a descriptor and not a domain. Except in some very off center books (including some FR ones IIRC) there is one and only one spell of each level for a domain so if it is listed as a domain spell it gives more than one at 7th level. I think the descriptor works fairly well.

But if enough 'shadow' spells are generated the I can easily see creating a Shadow Domain for Eloele and including this spell on it.
    Duane Eggert

yeah i know, however, I didnt want to allow the possibility of a mistake

And yeah, I was thinking that also Ading the Shadow domain. I went looking for it in the BCRS, heheh, just hoping I had forgotten about it. Though by the looks of it, some of the new domains dont even have any new BR spells in them and others have about 1-3. So, I bet we can come up with a spell list for the Shadow domain easily enough.

Or... we could do the easy thing and just put it in her current Night domain as the 7th level spell instead of mass invisiblity. And even just rename the Night domain the Shadow domain.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A dream coming true? Perhaps, but I would be really honoured by something like that!

As for modifiers to save DC, I suggest you, the BRCS team, assign them, since you probably have a better grasp of the whole thing than I probably ever will. Neat idea, actually... really neat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Rasp - don't you owe me something? Hint hint nudge nudge.

As far as sliding DCs go - just check out the Shadow Walker feat in the revised Chap 1 for some guidelines.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know; I just HAVE to get my copy of the Book of Priestcraft... Sorry for being late, but I would like tp give you something really good, not just a scrap note. If their is any deadline, I will be happy to oblige with it.

As for the DC modifiers, I think that applying a +5 bonus during the day and a -5 penalty during the night on the creature's save is fine with me.

Thread Information