Downloads
    Uploads
    h34r: I'm from Brazil nd im starting a new campaign into the Shadow World. That campaign means to start a payback to the shadows.
    I'm asking for some information and some idea for that campaign.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I found very few information about the shadow world so i wish some help do create a good ambientation for the Shadow World i have some ideas about that but i want some help from all of you. I´m planning to role an adventure with halflings(only halflings) at the international RPG encounter here in Brazil that will say to the people that the scenary is not dead. I will make it at the traditional way. An adventure with players alone, not kings or rullers at the beginning but they will conquer it with time. They will try to set a secure point at the shadow world constructing or reconstructing a city. They will try with some big-people help.
    Please Help me to do that.
    Sorry about my English so I´m Brazilian and here we write Brazil Brasil so sorry about my English errors.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by duskpriest@Apr 2 2004, 03:15 PM
    I found very few information about the shadow world so i wish some help do create a good ambientation for the Shadow World i have some ideas about that but i want some help from all of you. I´m planning to role an adventure with halflings(only halflings) at the international RPG encounter here in Brazil that will say to the people that the scenary is not dead. I will make it at the traditional way. An adventure with players alone, not kings or rullers at the beginning but they will conquer it with time. They will try to set a secure point at the shadow world constructing or reconstructing a city. They will try with some big-people help.
    Please Help me to do that.
    Sorry about my English so I´m Brazilian and here we write Brazil Brasil so sorry about my English errors.
    Shadow World will be a new battleground!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rich Baker´s novel "The Falcon and The Wolf" and the BR accessory "Blood Spawn" contain useful information on the Shadow World, you can download them here (btw you´ll need Acrobat Reader to view them):

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.a...d/dx20020121x5
    wotc = wizards of the cash

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Novel the Shadow Stone (also by Rich Baker) is also set very much in the SW. Although it was moved to the FR after BR cancellation, it is still a very good source on the Shadow World, the College of Sorcery, and Elvish Magic and investiture.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks friends for the help. Can I ask somthing else?
    Any of you have a Shadow World´s adventure so i can take a look?
    Or an idea for some hook or encounter or trouble to solve for my characters into the Shadow World?
    Any idea is welcome.

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The free download Blood Spawn has several examle Shadow World adventures, using material from that product.

Another novel you may wish to read is Greatheart which features a lot of SW interaction.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are numerous ideas that you could come up with for the shadow world just looking through the printed materials.

An adventure into Sideath with an encounter from the old elven wizard. This is if you accept the Player's Secrets of Tuarhieval plot for the province of Sideath. A possible goal could be to bring the province back out of the shadow world or just rescue the people trapped there. Maybe at first it only starts out as an investigation of what happened to them in the first place.

The elven realm Tuar Annwn in Vosgaard could have a similar hook.

el-Sheighul is still stuck partly in the shadow world, so an adventure could revolve around trying to keep him there and break his link to Cerilia. el-Sheighul is in the Khinasi setting the Black Spear Tribes.

The Raven has a link to the shadow world that could be attempted to be destroyed or send him back through it permanently.

There are plenty of avenues you could approach for a more generic adventure without such an epic scope in mind. Apparently the shadow world and Cerilia over-lap in many areas at many different times. So the shadow world could just swallow your adventurers up or someone or something of importance that they must recover. The shadow world is dynamic so once they arrive the thing they are looking for may have already exchanged hands several times. The adventures must follow its trail.

An exploratory adventure in order to attempt to "settle" the shadow world could also be an idea, though quite audacious. Several missions to scout and explore and establish a foothold. At the same time maintaining a link to the world and fending off whatever may want to try to get back through to Cerilia. This Stargate SG-1-like adventure may be very fun.

The shadow world was once the fairie world, therefore the halflings may want to recover some of the last remnants of their lost world and start over in cerilia under the protection of some local lord. While at the same time the local lord is using them to explore the shadow world. I don't know what kind of artifacts the fairie-kind would have that is recoverable but something could be brought up easily.

Concerning the atmostsphere of the shadow world. I am rather vague on this myself. This so called shadow world is rooted in the world of the fairie. Therefore mischief is part of the nature of this setting. The fey are full of life and protection of what is natural and living usually and like to have fun. With the taint of the shadow all that was natural and living becomes unnatural and dead. The mischief now becomes very sinister. Color is absent and opposed to the vibrance of an enchanted forest. So the shadow world is basically a fallen enchanted forest that reflects Cerilia in appearance but is cold and dark, or one could say is merely a shadow of the world of Cerilia so to speak. Also nothing is what it appears to be all the time. The Blood Spawn book goes into that a little bit about how to run appearance and what is real, something about the "seeming".

Maybe that will spark some ideas from others instead of just spouting off resources where you can read about the setting. I hope this helps.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Concerning the atmostsphere of the shadow world. I am rather vague on this myself. This so called shadow world is rooted in the world of the fairie. Therefore mischief is part of the nature of this setting. The fey are full of life and protection of what is natural and living usually and like to have fun. With the taint of the shadow all that was natural and living becomes unnatural and dead. The mischief now becomes very sinister. Color is absent and opposed to the vibrance of an enchanted forest. So the shadow world is basically a fallen enchanted forest that reflects Cerilia in appearance but is cold and dark, or one could say is merely a shadow of the world of Cerilia so to speak. Also nothing is what it appears to be all the time. The Blood Spawn book goes into that a little bit about how to run appearance and what is real, something about the "seeming".
    I have the Seelie holding "islands" of the old SW, much like the elves of Aebrynis. The few remaining Seelie realms are generally forests, full of the classical faerie elements of the enchanted forest, replete with pixies, dryads, brownies, etc. Time flows very differently here, to eat drink and dance with the Seelie is almost a guarantee of time flying by in the outside world, and anyone who joins them and later leaves forever has an unquenchable yearning (like a bad drug addiction) to return to the Seelie realms and forever lose themselves in the timeless splendour of the Seelie court. Those who return to Aebrynis in the folk tales are called "fae-touched," and common folk regard with a mix of superstitious fear, awe, and curiosity about the wonders of the Seelie realms.

Elsewhere, there are halfling realms (see Blood Spawn for ideas there), and also rebel halfling freedom fighters looking to liberate their kin enslaved in the SW. Usually these are refugeees who have escaped enslavement in the SW realms, and have committed to freeing more of their brethren in the hopes of building a rebel army to overthrow the realm lords.

If you want a halfling-based adventure, this might be a decent starting lineup and plot hook/campaign goal...

Osprey

Thread Information