At 10:23 PM 4/24/2004 +0200, Michael Romes wrote:

>Is not the Docandragh and the Rain Serpent Mountains similar enough to a

>Rain Forest?

Well, I`m looking for more of a tropical rain forest for the purpose of at

least one of the potential awnshegh (or ershegh--I haven`t decided) that

I`m considering. An Amazonian type terrain would be more apt for them, and

I don`t really see that existing on Cerilia. Those regions might, however,

be adequate for another one I have in mind. Does it seem like the kind of

terrain that would support a population of mountain gorillas? :)

Gary

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In the work I did on Aduria, I place many different cultures on that continent, but most were a mixture of earth cultures, rather than based on one specific country or culture from our own history.

The north of Aduria was the region where most of the Cerilian races originated, and as not all of the members of those races fled before Azrai, much of that region still has echoes of the Cerilian cultures there. Then they were later conquered by Anuire at the height of the Anuirean empire, so that caused even more cultural changes, and then since other powers have arisen, causing even more changes. So today, northern Aduria is a real cultural melting pot.

The major powers in northern Aduria are Alitaene, a former colony of Anuire that still holds onto the ideals of the old empire. Definately a French-like culture, but in a difficult landscape. Perhaps similar to the holyland under the control of the crusaders?
    Oried, a corrupt empire control by a powerful shadow-mage and his minions. Difficult to pin this one down to any particular earth culture, but perhaps pre-WWI Cairo or some other northern-african city.
    Lurech, the former homeland of the Rjurik. Perhaps similar to the civilised Rjurik, but influenced by another culture that conquered there lands some time back... the Luren (former Rjurik) are almost second class citizens, while their conquerers control most of the wealth and power.
    Rhandel, the homeland of the Brecht. Still holds to its ancient roots, but mixing in Anuirean culture as well.

Then beyond this region, my version of Aduria starts really mixing the cultures together. I have cultures that draw on elements of various asian, african, middleast, european, and south-american cultures, sometimes all combined...

Of course, I rarely see the need to base any culture on a real-world version and prefer to mix and match to get what I need.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Thread Information