Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Now that makes sensw. I would include the reach weapons and range weapons just to be thorough. Either they are nor included in the blood ability or they are.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by tcharazazel@Jul 24 2004, 11:51 PM
    Now that makes sensw. I would include the reach weapons and range weapons just to be thorough. Either they are nor included in the blood ability or they are.
    I didn't include ranged weapons, since I didn't think that would make any sense.
    I didn't mention any reach weapons, since they are not a category onto themselves in v3.5 anyways; allof them are two-handed weapons (except for the whip, which is an exotic one-handed weapon), so I should have my bases covered already.
    <span style='color:darkgray'>&quot;I like to be passionate and sincere, but I also like to have fun and act like a dork... Geeks unite.&quot;
    &#160;</span>&#160;<span style='color:brightgray'>&#160;&#160;—Kurt Cobain</span>

K. yeah I know almost all reach weapons are 2hd and that The large range weapons would be a little funky as they would be rather big for em to use efectively also. I just wanted to make sure that all the bases were covered, heheh.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Falcon, are you still using UA bloodlines? How's it working out? Anyone else put them to the test on the game table?

Last time around I used an effective level modifier, but included +3 vitality per blood catagory (recall how 2e had a blanket 10 hp bonus) and a skill point bonus in a desinated skill, &c.

These days I am tempted by the UA bloodline mechanism. Its a standard variant, and I think that much of what I was building into my EL system to account for the missing class levels is accounted for in the UA bloodlines.

My own Andurias would have the following Great Bloodline distribution (using the BR terminology of Minor, Major, and Great rather than Intermediate and Major in UA).

Level Great
    1st +2 on Knowledge (Law) checks
    2nd Major Blood Ability
    3rd Wisdom +1
    4th Major Blood Ability
    5th Minor Eagle Affinity
    6th 12 SR vs charms & enchantments
    7th +2 on Sense Motive
    8th Upgrade Blood Ability
    9th Charisma +1
    10th Minor Blood Ability
    11th Major Eagle Affinity
    12th 18 SR vs charms & enchantments
    13th +2 on Diplomacy
    14th Upgrade Blood Ability
    15th Constitution +1
    16th Major Blood Ability
    17th Great Eagle Affinity
    18th 24 SR vs charms & enchantments
    19th +2 on Concentration
    20th Upgrade Blood Ability

In the Major bloodline, the progression of blood abilities is Major, Minor, Minor, Major with that +1 Will save bonus in the middle. A Minor bloodline selects two minor blood abilities.

I am basically universalizing Animal Affinity, Hightened Ability, and Resistance for all scions, since Ability Boost and Affinity are part of AU bloodlines. Resistance helps to fill out the special abilities, since there are 10 of these. I feel this is a strong flavor benefit without making all scions identical. There is still quite a lot to be selective about. Major and Great bloodlines pick four blood abilities, and minor and tainted bloodlines pick two.

Kenneth Gauck
    kgauck@mchsi.com

I've considered using the UA-style bloodline system for the next generation of my game; I actually like the structure of the system, and wish I'd had the UA when I'd started my campaign. My players realize that I'm running my current campaign up to 20th (I've got a ways to go; they're mostly at 7th now) and then running a campaign for their children which will deal with some of the snowballing effects of their current characters' actions.

The main difference I have with the UA rules is the Bloodline class levels. I'm making my players give up feat slots for blood abilities, with level requirements and/or bloodtheft as requirements to take power-increasing feats. I don't use bloodscore at all; I find it clunky as a graft onto the rest of the system.

Thread Information