Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've taken the time to make some example Unearthed Arcana style bloodlines for Birthright. I'll put each in a seperate post. Please tell me what you think.

First off:

(major) Bloodline of Anduiras

Level, Trait:
    1. +2 bonus on Intimidate
    2. Power Attack
    3. Str +2
    4. Gust of wind 1/day (Sp)
    5. Bloodmark +1
    6. Resistance to electricity 5 (Ex)
    7. +2 bonus on Jump
    8. Cleave
    9. Cha +2
    10. +1 natural armor
    11. Bloodmark +2
    12. Resistance to electricity 10 (Ex)
    13. +2 bonus on Heal
    14. Call lightning 1/day (Sp)
    15. Wis +2
    16. Gaseous form 1/day (Sp)
    17. Bloodmark +3
    18. +1 natural armor
    19. +2 bonus on Sense Motive
    20. Immunity to electricity (Ex)
    Bloodmark: You gain the indicated bonus on all Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, and Perform checks made to interact with non-blooded creatures as long as your bloodmark is visible to them.

As you can see, I've made a couple of minor changes to the UA bloodline template (for lack of a better word), which I think will make them more suitable for Birthright.
    I'd like to hear what others think of my approach.

UA Bloodlines for the other derivations will follow shortly, as soon as I've got time for them.
    <span style='color:darkgray'>&quot;I like to be passionate and sincere, but I also like to have fun and act like a dork... Geeks unite.&quot;
    &#160;</span>&#160;<span style='color:brightgray'>&#160;&#160;—Kurt Cobain</span>

Downloads
    Uploads
    It would be nice to hear what this represents for those who have reviewed only part of the book, or know too little of it... Furthermore, to me, this listing seems a bit... blunt?&#33; I don&#39;t know, it just is kind of colourless and uncharacterising.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The UA Bloodlines can&#39;t be compared to the Birthright Bloodlines. IMO they are
    totally different stuff - apart from the title.

The new system has not the flair of the old one, in addition its the hell
    for power gamers

As a result, IMO this system should not be used.
    my purpose is now to lead you into the Pallace where you shall have a clear and delightful view of all those various objects, and scattered excellencies, that lye up and down upon the face of creation, which are only seen by those that go down into the Seas, and by no other....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I&#39;m of same opinion. The bloodlines of UA are a nice concept, but not fitting for BR. Apart from, that you should define minor, intermediate and major lines (if copying UA), your system takes any individuality of the bloodlines. Each Andurias blooded would have the same abilties with the same strength. There would be no familiy with a long livespan any more, as well as other abilities tied to one specific family (say families who love lions ). A bit boring, if you ask me...
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Ariadne+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ariadne)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Apart from, that you should define minor, intermediate and major lines (if copying UA), your system takes any individuality of the bloodlines.[/b]

Intermediate always simply gets the first 10 traits, one trait every 2 levels. Minor always gets the first 5 traits, one every 4 levels. Major gets all, one trait per level. It&#39;s so simple, I thought I didn&#39;t have to repeat it here. But hey, here it is anyway.
    Anyways, I didn&#39;t mean it was a "sample", I should&#39;ve said it was an "example". Which means it&#39;s just one possible bloodline of Anduiras.
    My "system"? It&#39;s not any "system", honey. I fail to see how it takes any individuality out of any bloodlines. No, wait -- I don&#39;t care. I think there&#39;s plenty of individuality to go around already in v3.5 without needing custom-tailored bloodlines. However, if any of my players should so desire, I&#39;ll be happy to cooperate.

Originally posted by Ariadne@
    Each Andurias blooded would have the same abilties with the same strength. There would be no familiy with a long livespan any more, as well as other abilities tied to one specific family (say families who love lions ).
    Oh come on, that one&#39;s plain lame.

<!--QuoteBegin-Ariadne

A bit boring, if you ask me...[/quote]
    I suppose I haven&#39;t been clear and phrased myself a bit open-endedly, but this really isn&#39;t the kind of feedback I&#39;m looking for.
    <span style='color:darkgray'>&quot;I like to be passionate and sincere, but I also like to have fun and act like a dork... Geeks unite.&quot;
    &#160;</span>&#160;<span style='color:brightgray'>&#160;&#160;—Kurt Cobain</span>

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by RaspK_FOG@Mar 16 2004, 04:08 AM
    It would be nice to hear what this represents for those who have reviewed only part of the book, or know too little of it... Furthermore, to me, this listing seems a bit... blunt?&#33; I don&#39;t know, it just is kind of colourless and uncharacterising.
    The listing represents the traits that a character with a major bloodline of Anduiras could get at each character level.
    As for your other comment/question, why should I have to come up with new flavor text? It&#39;s already there. It&#39;s the game mechanics that need reworking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Ariadne@Mar 16 2004, 06:05 PM
    I&#39;m of same opinion. The bloodlines of UA are a nice concept, but not fitting for BR.
    By the way, what exactly is so not fitting about UA bloodlines for Br? Explain yourself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by the Falcon+Mar 18 2004, 09:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the Falcon @ Mar 18 2004, 09:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RaspK_FOG@Mar 16 2004, 04:08 AM
    The listing represents the traits that a character with a major bloodline of Anduiras could get at each character level.
    As for your other comment/question, why should I have to come up with new flavor text? It&#39;s already there. It&#39;s the game mechanics that need reworking. [/b][/quote]
    Thank you for the feedback. As for the comment, I meant it felt blunt being put that way due to the lack of explanation... Now it doesn&#39;t feel blunt (that is, there is no further need for explanation).

As a last note, however, I think that giving a small list with choices at every × levels with all the others being standard would be a bit more interesting; I do not mean that this is not, just that players enjoy making their characters unique in some sense.

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read through the section on bloodline in UA last week and was not overly impressed by the whole section. My main problem with the ideas presented in UA was the lack of choice given to the blooded character. Two characters with the same strength bloodline of the same derivation will always have the same abilities, and that just doesn&#39;t fit the BR setting IMO.

It would certainly be possible to create a system like that presented in UA for BR, but it would be much more restrictive that the current one.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Restrictive is good, because restrictive keeps things balanced.

Thread Information