Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Danke schön! Merci beaucoup! Thank you very much! Χίλια ευχαριστώ!

(I am no kidding you...)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Duane:

Since my email to you can't seem to get through the servers...

You may want to add to the Dwarven section that due to racial familiarity with the Dwarven Waraxe, it counts as a Martial Weapon to them for 1-handed use.

Also, Is the Dwarven Urgosh being included in this setting, and if so, we'll need a similar statement in the racial characteristics...
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion -- and usually easier."

- R. A. Heinlien, from The Collected works of Lazarus Long

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Athos69@Apr 24 2004, 09:20 AM
    Duane:

Since my email to you can't seem to get through the servers...

You may want to add to the Dwarven section that due to racial familiarity with the Dwarven Waraxe, it counts as a Martial Weapon to them for 1-handed use.

Also, Is the Dwarven Urgosh being included in this setting, and if so, we'll need a similar statement in the racial characteristics...
    This isn't something that needs an e-mail since it is pretty specific (and easy?) to handle.

The weapon familiarity was non-intentionally left out in the dwarf write ups. As far as including the Dwarven Urgosh, I would look more along the lines of is there a reason not to include it? It didn't exist in 2nd ed and was basically introduced in 3/3.5. IMO I can't see any logical reason not to include it in the BRCS. But maybe others have an opinion.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have another idea:

Complete Warrior had a small allowance for characters to choose for their weapon familiarity as soon as they were proficient with a martial weapon (either through Martial Weapon Proficiency or through a weapon proficiency granted by a class, most particularly Martial Weapon Proficiency (all), which is granted by all warrior character classes and some prestige classes) from amongst a list of such weapons; thematically, I would add a third weapon to their listed choice, the maul (one-handed exotic weapon, can be wielded two-handedly as a martial weapon by a medium character, weighs 20 pounds, 1d10 bludgeoning damage, 20/×3), so that they could choose 2 out of 3, as per the book.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by RaspK_FOG@Apr 25 2004, 05:43 PM
    I have another idea:

Complete Warrior had a small allowance for characters to choose for their weapon familiarity as soon as they were proficient with a martial weapon (either through Martial Weapon Proficiency or through a weapon proficiency granted by a class, most particularly Martial Weapon Proficiency (all), which is granted by all warrior character classes and some prestige classes) from amongst a list of such weapons; thematically, I would add a third weapon to their listed choice, the maul (one-handed exotic weapon, can be wielded two-handedly as a martial weapon by a medium character, weighs 20 pounds, 1d10 bludgeoning damage, 20/×3), so that they could choose 2 out of 3, as per the book.
    IMO that should be kept to a local house-rules type of thing. Adding in too many variants from the WotC books that specify them makes the BRCS just another book of variants. It is better to not add too many of them, especially when they can be added via DM action. Also CW is not OGC so we can't just copy it in we'd have to write up something else similar but not exact - gets messy after a while if you know what I mean.

Weapon familiarity was something that WotC/TSR introduced in Player's Option: Combat and Tactics and just finally got around to capturing again (in CW). I personnaly like the weapon familiarity rules, but don't think they should be added to the BRCS just because I like them.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Understood!

Thread Information