Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd/3rd edition

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is everyone here converting to 3rd edition? What about finishing everything that lacks in birthright in good old second edition, instead of starting all over? before you are finishing all the 3rd edition projects, I`m shure 4th edition is already on the market...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nah... 4e will take a looot of time before hitting the market, if it does come out, that is; a nice joke, but it got a bit stale after all this comments I've heard from some insolent youths regarding 3.5e (official name, by the way, is Revised 3rd Edition), but if I go down that road it will take me a while before I cool off...

In any case, the site here is the "Official Birthright Fansite" beacuse some people (you know who you are, but I would be gald to mention your names if you so asked ) wrote up a revision booklet for converting 2e Birthright to 3e. I think it is important that we finish this revision as soon as possible, so that more people will be attracted to the wonder that is Birthright.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The 4th edition will come in about two years, I think, so I’m sure we will be ready earlier . If I’m right there is nearly nobody wh still plays 2nd Edition here. We normally use the rules of the BRCS as long they are fitting in the opinion of each individual DM. The rest (including conversions to 3.5 version) is made by house rules, since several things are posted twice or trice (or not at all). Other parts are ready and not accepted by every member, so everyone uses his own botched-up job of BRCS, PHB, several WotC books, mongoose and, and, and. This works fine for us...

To be honest: Getting a ready 3,5 BR rulebook made by WotC or others with no connection to BR wouldn’t make me this happy. I must say it’s cool to go for it as long as someone thinks, it fits and otherwise make his own house rules, because there isn’t still a ready “official” rulebook on the market.
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Ariadne@Apr 1 2004, 10:58 AM
    If I’m right there is nearly nobody wh still plays 2nd Edition here.
    Well, Ariadne is referring to me, I think, although I modified the system, so you could call it AD&D 2.5.
    wotc = wizards of the cash

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wondering... iwhen its converted to 3rd edition, are the realm rules being remade too? Are they making more players secrets of new realms, and if they are will they be using the same type of rules conserning province taxtation, guilds, temples etc. ??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let’s see in the BRCS-playtest there was a 1st attempt at revising the domain rules. It will be updated/revised for 3.5 – no ETA yet.

link for download (unless you check the downloads section of the Birthright.net)

http://www.birthright.net/download/brcs-playtest.zip

Here is the link to the revised Chap 2 (santioned):

http://www.birthright.net/forums/index.php...e=post&id=25154

Here is the link to the revised Chap 1 (out for comment currently):

http://www.birthright.net/forums/index.php...e=post&id=24889

Here is the link for the notice on the d20 Atlas project:

http://www.birthright.net/forums/ind...showtopic=2264

You can get some more information by checking out the pinned section on the BRCS discussion site.

Hope that helps.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Kappenkriaucheran+Apr 1 2004, 08:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kappenkriaucheran &#064; Apr 1 2004, 08:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Ariadne@Apr 1 2004, 10:58 AM
    If I’m right there is nearly nobody wh still plays 2nd Edition here.
    Well, Ariadne is referring to me, I think, although I modified the system, so you could call it AD&D 2.5. [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

I, too, use 2E as the "core" of what I play, and call all my house-rulings and reverse-engineering accretions 2.5E

Kappenkriaucheran, where do you play? My gaming group fell apart about a year to 18 months ago - I&#39;m suffering withdrawl symptoms&#33;

Lysander
    Lysander
    Defender of the Second Edition
    Junior Moderator, Project Gemengan, Worlds of D&D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Lysander@Apr 2 2004, 02:00 AM
    Kappenkriaucheran, where do you play? My gaming group fell apart about a year to 18 months ago - I&#39;m suffering withdrawl symptoms&#33;

Lysander
    I fear on the other side of the world

Same country as mine: Germany
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Ariadne@Apr 2 2004, 06:46 AM
    I fear on the other side of the world

Same country as mine: Germany
    Ah, bugger :lol:

I&#39;ve been known to travel for a game, but a trans-Atlantic flight is just a bit excessive - even if it is for a 2E game&#33;

What keeps me the most grounded in 2E, though, is "Skills and Powers" - especially when I have a character concept in mind. I&#39;ve been told that 3E can do "more" than S&P for customizing, but always seems that would be possible on a 20-level progression path, not for the 1st to 5th level character (where IMHO is where the character really "comes to life")

Lysander
    Lysander
    Defender of the Second Edition
    Junior Moderator, Project Gemengan, Worlds of D&D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Lysander+Apr 2 2004, 01:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lysander &#064; Apr 2 2004, 01:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Ariadne@Apr 2 2004, 06:46 AM
    I fear on the other side of the world*

Same country as mine: Germany*
    Ah, bugger :lol:

I&#39;ve been known to travel for a game, but a trans-Atlantic flight is just a bit excessive - even if it is for a 2E game&#33;

What keeps me the most grounded in 2E, though, is "Skills and Powers" - especially when I have a character concept in mind.[/b][/quote]
    Yes, I´m a native speaker of Brecht... erm, I mean German . But my campaign is on hold for the moment, so it wouldn´t be worth the trip to "Old Europe" .

I actually based my house rules on Skills&Powers, the main difference being that characters can spend CP to learn certain new class and race abilities after 1st level, similar to 3E granting feats at different levels. For example, a halfling thief with Defense Bonus (5 CP, +1 AC) could spend 5 CP to increase his Defense Bonus to +2 AC. However, this causes players to complain that they should get more than 4 CP per level because it´s sooo expensive :lol: .
    wotc = wizards of the cash

Thread Information