Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My BR DM and i are curently in progress to create a new prestige class for BR only (unleast there blood abilities in other campaing)

We manage to make some point clear

1- It as to be a scion
    2- It available to all class
    3- He must have a BAB of 8+
    4- He gain "Blood mark" as soon he become a BH (Blood Hunter)

These are the bases we made we thought to add him misc abilities such as "blood smell" (Can detect a scion near) and such thing like that. And he have a greater possibilities to blood theft someone and we make sure that he have a greater chance to resist "Azrai blood coruption" (If i can say so)

If you have any more ideas about it plz post it here thx.
    Protheus

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only thing I disagree with is if the character is a blood hunter I would think he would be more likely to have their bloodline corrupted since the act of bloodtheft itself is evil.
    Unless this character is an Awnshegh Hunter.
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why do you consider bloodtheft an evil act? If you are killing someone for the pure intent of getting their bloodline then I would have to agree otherwise why is it evil?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Lord Eldred. Bloodtheft in itself is not evil if its in honorable combat. To stab someone in the chest who wasn't paying attention is evil...challenging them to an honorable duel is not.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What exactly is honorable combat? What about combat is honorable? If you kill someone in "honorable combat" because they were said to be a bad person, and you were not struck down by lightning, does that make the action any more just? On pg 31 Brules the scions of Cerilia discovered this strange condition soon after the events at Mount Deismaar. The resulting betrayals and feuds among Cerilia's scions have contributed to more than a thousand years of ceaseless wars. Countless wars due to bloodtheft is good then? Needless sufferings of thousands of people because someone wanted someone elses bloodpower is just? I wouldn't think so.
    That is why I said that a bloodhunter would be more likely to recieve a corrupted bloodline, call it pre-meditated murder.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by blitzmacher
    What exactly is honorable combat? What about combat is honorable?
    I view honorable combat as facing your opponent in at least face-to-face combat. What I mean is that bloodtheft should at least involve a face to face fight. Sending out your lackeys to capture a blooded person and then simply stabbing through the heart while they are bond is not honorable. Still it goes much deeper than that, though it is difficult to explain.

Though I would agreee with you that a blood hunter would be highly susceptible to the corruption of Azrai.
    Lawgiver

Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guys, I do not know if war is lawful, or chaotic, evil or good. I believe it has nothing to do with the prestige class //bloodhunter. When you are called bloodhunter, you specifically seek scions to take their powers the lannd has granted them. You specifically want to strip them of their heritage. That is Evil.
    Now you might face him in a duel, or stab him in the back. That doessn't change anything. Alignment is affected by the motivations and the beliefs of people, not how they do it. If you want to kill a guard to claim a treasure from its rightful owner you are evil, because you are motivated by greed. You might face the guard in battle, or you might poison him. That doesn't change anything.
    Bloodhunter is motivated by his greed. His greed for power and other people's lives. His motives are based on theft and murder, regardless of how he tries to fullfil them.
    Gods never die, but they are always born...

Downloads
    Uploads
    The bloodhunter as you desribe it seems to be evil. I also fell a little put into place by blitzmacher.

However let me put this description out there. What if you were a bloodhunter in search of scions who were abusing their power and only ones that were abusing it? Would then breaking their tie to the land in the name of righteousness be an evil act?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good, Evil, one can not exist without the other, how would you judge something as good if you did not know what was bad.
    I think the blood hunter is an excellent idea for a prestige class, and as I posted earlier I thought that the idea of giving them greater resistance to Azrai's blood corruption a bad idea considering that killing is what they do. Wether the commit bloodtheft to make themselves stronger, or go out killing evil rulers or Awnsheglin who already are tainted by Azrai.
    To answer Lord Eldred, the trick is to defeat your enemy without having to draw your sword.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by blitzmacher
    To answer Lord Eldred, the trick is to defeat your enemy without having to draw your sword.
    A much more difficult task indeed! But it is my prefernce to murder!
    Lawgiver

Thread Information