Downloads
    Uploads
    So for those of you who like the academy or "modular wonder" idea, I still need to develop one or more ideas for a Temple wonder. A Great Cathedral or what not, with similar potential for developing various benefits and specializations. Temples get tricky thanks to the variations relative to deity and sect, but there should be a generalized base possible that most temples, esp. in Anuire, might benefit from and develop should they have the ambition and wealth to build such a structure.

So this is for brainstorming. Any suggestions?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, you could get a bonus in diplomacy with other members of your faith, such as OIT to NIT or IHH. Having a grand cathedral to the chosen god would likely put you in a good image to others of your faith.

You should also think about increased income. Having a massive cathedral that is utterly beautiful may turn it into a pilgrimage site. At the least, it will convince erstwhile members to contribute more out of piety.

It should also increase the likelihood of brigand events, though. Having a big, rich, unprotected cathedral is a tempting target. At the least, the temple would have to muster a unit to protect it, or suffer the consequences.

Perhaps, if the cathedral is big enough, you could lessen the RP requirements on some realm spells in that province only. The god/dess is sufficiently impressed to help out a bit in granting such powers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    as a populat pilgrim site, we need some structur. lest build a grand catheral to hous the pilgrims, then perhaps more will come. we can build a market for sacrifcial animals, and do all of thet stuff. Then as usualy, pilgrims offer large gifts of gold and food. We need to store all thees offerins in a save place, where thay can be callen upon by the need of the temple.

As process is on there way. even more pilgrims come to offer gifts to help with the building of the catheral.

As the catheral is neer completion, a small group of belivers starts callin you heritics of catheral builders, and brakse free from your hold. preaching thet you are nuthing but a bunch of masions trying to gain all the welth for your own belly. The goods are needed here. not in the catheral. And your words thet the love of <<insert gods name here>> would only extend to thows giving to the catheral.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the basic formula for a wondrous structure is 25 GB per level to build and 2 GB per level to maintain seasonally.

If its level stacks with the province&#39;s temple, it would add RP and GB to the temple&#39;s income (max. cathedral level = base temple&#39;s level).

Which would add regency (increased faith in the region) and gold (extra donations, 2/3 GB per level). Which would help offset the maintenance somewhat.

I think this stacking ability would be the basic 1st level advance. So as the temple grows (rises in level), its influence and pilgrim base expands.

Now throw in that any cathedral of Haelyn, probably Belink and Cuiraecen too, would certainly be fortified...

It could be a Level 2+ advance; should have the acceptance (however obtained) of the local law and land regent:
    Militant Sect - This advance is typical for clerics of War, Battle, Strength, and the like. The cathedral itself becomes fortified at no additional maintenance cost (this subsumes a large part of the level&#39;s maintenance and build cost). Barracks, training facilities, and divine Battle Magic become an important focus of the clergy and layfolk of the temple.

-The Cathedral, and its attached temple, are now treated as Law holdings for the purposes of mustering and training troops. These levels stack (so a Temple 6 + Cathedral 4 = Law 10, or 10 GB muster potential per month).
    -Units trained here may take magical training as a unit advance.
    -Clerics studying here may learn the Battle Magic feat, and Warcraft becomes a class skill for them.
    -The War Priest prestige class becomes available to clerics of War (yet to come); similar specialty priests may be available for other domains.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Edit:

I had writen bullshit. I sould not write stuff when I have had no stleep for to long.

the tone in the post was something to do with the wonders.

like:

think of the wonder as a co exsisting holding in the provience not limeted by other holdings in the provience, or its size.

Think of extreem cost.

ones its created it can alter the law of phisics around it. with permanet spells. or spell supression (making the realm imune to some spells). Or siply to controle the behavior of some races/people. like permanet zone of truth. or permanet silence &#33;&#33;
    Think about the permanet ward.

there needs to be suport of the wonder. sometimes by a number of holdings thet need to supor it at any given time, or something bad happens (like the permanet brakes)

well, I like the idee of me begin able to still suport my wonder even thow somone contest the hell out of all my holdings in the provience where the wonder is locaded.

but then again, each wonder sould have its own personal weakness.

like the old College of Sorcery wonder, it needed a lot of source to matain it selfe. therefore there were a lot of lay lines conected to it.

then when the conection was broken. the protection spells broke as well. and the wonder stoped functioning.

Now there has been build a new wonder based on the old one, but of much less power.

Now if i conect 10 lv 1 source to one wonder, how much less powerfull is thet then if I conect one lv 10 source holding to the wonder.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps for Avani and Rournil the level of the structure is deducted from the GB cost of realm spells cast at that structure? The amount of gold to build it went into permanent items that act as a material focus instead of using expendable materials every time.

I would like to see a court action casting of bless maybe once a year for the province that contains the structure.

Thread Information