Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm. So basically, never spend the gold to fortify a holding, it doesn't do you any good. Glad I know it now!

Thanks for the info.

Actually, if you keep your gold in that holding then yes it is worth it to fortify it. Though I cant really think of another reason.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tsk, tsk.

Yes, you fortify the holding against specific attacks against that holding.
    However, now you have a vested interest in not having that province invaded. Here is where you generously 'gift' the landed regent several GB to fortify the province with the excuse um, I mean reason that the faithful must be protected. A Llawful and / or Good regent will be honour-bound to repay your generous donation in some other way, hence it will effectivly cost you nothing. If the 'gift' was timed so that influential courtiers were impressed and became favourably inclined towards you, the landed regent may have to make a bigger donation just to keep the status quo.
    Diplomacy: the skill that allows you to get more than you deserve ;-)

Doyle

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Doyle@May 27 2005, 03:08 AM
    Tsk, tsk.

Yes, you fortify the holding against specific attacks against that holding.
    Doyle
    This includes actions by other temples to do military actions (i.e., holy war) and any other regent that atttempts a miltary action specifically aimed at that holding. IMO this inlcudes the occupy province action when the holding itself is targeted since it does not involve swaying of opinion (which would be contest actions) but rather a seizure of assets and destruction/desecration of the site).
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information