Thread: atlas?

Senior Member marcum uth mather's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    is it any closer right now? i have seen the post for the origonel church oh healyn is is fantastic. is the imperial city almost done? besides the church post what else is out there for atlas material? help please.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Apart from some little news, there isn't very much to tell in the moment.

To get the answer of the Imerial City ask Raesene...
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm. This may be the best spot to post the kingdom entry for Medoere that I've worked on today. I used the FRCS as a template, so enjoy!

Elton Robb
    =================================

Medoere
    Capital: Braeme
    Population: Anuireans, Khinasi, Rjuriks, halflings, elves
    Government: Theocracy (Ruornil’s Celestial Spell)
    Languages: Anuirean, halfling, elvish
    Trade: Wood, wine, glass, silverware, food stuffs
    Alignment: LG, NG, CG, N
    Major Religions: Ruornil’s Celestial Spell (Ruornil) and the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn (Haelyn)
    Allies: Roesone, Endier, Illien, Boeruine (?)

Holdings of Rournil’s Sacred Voice
    Province Law Temples Guilds Sources
    Alamier (4/1) SE (3) RCS (4) EH (2) RA (1)
    IHH (0) OT (2)
    Braeme (3/2) SE (1) RCS (3) OT (3) He (2)
    Caerwil (2/3) GK (2) RCS (2) GK (2) He (3)

Abbreviations: SE = Suris Enlien (or PC regent); RCS = Ruornil’s Celestial Spell (regent); EH = El Hadid (Port of Call Exchange); RA = Rogr Aglondier (Ilien); IHH = Impregnable Heart of Haelyn (Hubaere Armiendin); OT = Orthien Tane (Southern Anuire Shipping and Imports); He = Hermedhie; GK = Guilder Kalien (Endier, Heartlands Outfitters)

Medoere is a small domain dedicated to Ruornil and is ruled by the Celestial Spell, Ruornil’s church in Anuire. The small realm was once the eastern provinces of Diemed, and was provided as a home for Ruornil’s faithful. A new realm created by Ruornil’s faithful. The regent chosen, Suris Enlien, was forced to slay her father for his evil. The final act of secession from Diemed was carried out at Moonstrike Keep, when Medoere’s forces were saved by hand of the Moon God himself. Now the little theocracy is suffering in its infancy as Guilder Kalien has authority over Caerwil and is attempting to persecute the church there.

Life and Society
    People who live on the southern coast of Anuire are a hardy lot, and the subjects of the Celestial Spell are no exception. They drive themselves by a strict work ethic and a faith in their god. The majority of the subjects of Medoere have adopted a night lifestyle, as most Medoereans prefer to work by night under the watchful eye of the moon. However, some work does require work in the daytime so some Medoereans work in daylight knowing that their God watches over them at night.
    The people of Medoere also enjoy their freedom. They prefer that the Sacred Voice leads by the open palm rather than a closed fist simply because they feel free of the tight grip of Diemed. Although Suris Enlien prefers a better grip on the affairs of government, she rules with a light hand. The aristocracy of Medoere is split from the religious gentry and the secular aristocracy, and this division is represented by Kotrin Skirvin and Altaweir Enlien. Altaweir Enlien assists in canonical matters and Kotrin lends a more realistic, pragamatically secular view of government. Both are considered to be invaluable to Suris Enlien’s governing of her theocratic state.

Major Geographical Features

Medoere’s borders extend from the Spiderfell in the north, with Diemed to the west, and both Ilien and Roesone to the east. The eastern borders are marked by the Spider and Adele rivers, and the borders of Diemed is watched over by a line of castles. The chief of these are Moonstrike Keep and Surier. The Straits of Aerele mark the beaches, and it is the Straits where the Seadrake patrols for his treasure. Medoere seems sleepy at first watch, but people who have been in the domain report that the people are willing to defend their freedom if they are attacked.
    The Silver Woods: Located in the southeast corner of the domain lies the sacred Silver Woods. Here the Abbey of the Silver Woods is located, providing a refuge for the priestesses of Ruornil. The Lady Suris Enlien often retreats here, seeking refuge and solitude with a unicorn and it is said, the Silver Prince himself. They are so named because during the winter, the whole woods gleam like argent silver in the light of the moon. The Silver Woods are a protected patch of the province of Braeme that could be one of Hermedhie’s source holdings.
    Medoere Forest: A national forest contracted out to Rjurik loggers, the forest is one of the largest held. Many creatures dwell in the Medoere forest, as it teams with wildlife that attracts hunters and trappers. People often observed that the game in the forest is better here than nowhere else in the domain. Unfortunately, the loggers are taking a little more than they need. Aglondier’s source holding is located in these woods, and the wizard count has suggested that the Sacred Voice should allow one of Erik’s druids to help watch the forest.
    Hill Haunt: A series of ruins south of Caerwil, most of these are nothing more than tumbled hewn stones and rock foundations. However, if one examines the area, one can find a few intact structures. On stormy nights, however, phantoms and other small shadowy forms emerge to walk among the ruins. Most travelers try to stick close to the nearby trail on such nights, often praying to Ruornil for aid.

Important Sites
    There are a couple of important sites in Medoere that require mention. They are either cities or important temples of religious or historical significance.

Braeme (Small Town, pop. 1,756): A walled town located somewhere near the middle of the province of Braeme is the capital of Medoere. Here is the secular and religious heart of the government of Medoere. Suris Enlien rules here with an open palm from the Celestial Palace while the religious gentry are grounded in the Temple of the Ninth Spell. The Adele River flows straight in the middle of Braeme, providing a source of fresh water. Orthien Tane’s Southern Anuire Shipping and Imports have their Medoerean office located in Braeme’s Merchant Blocks. It’s from here that Orthien Tane controls the wine and glass guilds.
    Moonstrike Keep (Military Stronghold, pop 890): Moonstrike Keep is important due to the fact that the patrols of Diemed’s borders are controlled from here. It is also here that Ruornil helped his faithful gain victory here. Tournaments are held here by Suris Enlien as well, trying to find someone who will champion Ruornil’s ideals and help protect Medoere much as a Paladin would. It is also at Moonstrike Keep that Kotrin Skirvin trains some of Medoere’s best soldiers.
    Caerwil (Small Town, pop 1,501): Although Suris is the legal regent of Caerwil, Guilder Kalien calls the shots here. The government of Caerwil, represented by the Lord Mayor, has been bribed to rule in favor of the Heartlands Outfitters. The Temple of the Celestial Spell may influence the governing of the province by suggestion only, but not through action. This is best seen in the small prejudices that the Ruornites are facing in Caerwil and the Lord Mayor won’t even lift a finger to stop them. Caerwil is also precariously close to the Spiderfell, so some of the Silver Knights are stationed here to protect the town from invading giant spiders from time to time.

Regional History
    Once a part of the Duchy of Diemed, the region that became Medoere was once unpopulated. And sometime after the wizardly Aglondiers of Ilien took Medoere Forest as one of their sources, Rournil had called one of his faithful. A cleric named Brun Szarah was called to lead the Anuirean Ruornites to these lands. And they came. The Duke then sent a minor blooded noble, one named Enlien, of his realm to oversee the population.
    As the years passed, the Enlien family grew in strength and power; and some of them had converted to the Church of the Celestial Spell away from Haelyn. This was recognized in the generation prior to the formation of Medoere. This second generation had produced Dalien Enlien, Edhie Enlien, and Egris Enlien. Egris, the youngest, had become a cleric of Ruornil while Dalien Enlien had become unwaverable, and some say fanatical, in the faith of Haelyn.
    So, when the Lordship passed to Dalien, he soon grew intolerant of the Ruornites. He began to persecute them without prejudice. All this resulted in serious hardship for the Ruornites. As he was persecuting them, Egris had invested his niece, Suris Enlien, with the power of Ruornil. He then went to his brother thereafter to try and persuade him from his destructive course. It was then that the Silver Prince revealed himself to Suris, calling her to be “his wand of enchantment” and to save his faithful from her father’s persecution.
    Suris returned to find her beloved uncle dead, slain by her father’s hand. She then slew him with the Enlien sword. After that, she led her people to Teiren Keep and it was there they faced the Diemedian Army. As they faced the seasoned armies of the Duke, a storm erupted and broke as a moonbeam struck down the Diemedian Army. After that, three provinces that once belonged to Diemed became Medoere.
    Regent of Medoere

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by marcum uth mather@Feb 5 2004, 03:26 AM
    is it any closer right now? i have seen the post for the origonel church oh healyn is is fantastic. is the imperial city almost done? besides the church post what else is out there for atlas material? help please.
    Pretty much a matter of waiting for submission of material for a couple of things (or I could sit down and write them myself) and some editing. I can't really give a definite date as there are only a couple of people working on the project at the moment and it depends on a lot of things as to how much gets done each week...

I'll post an announcment in the forums when the first section of the Atlas enters final editing...

One question though (to everyone)...
    Which section of Anuire (or Cerilia) would you like to us to focus on next? The Southern Coast is our first release, but should we move onto the West Coast next, or do the Heartlands, or do a region from somewhere else in Cerilia?
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooo, do a poll! They're always popular.

I'd like to see the Heartlands next - with Ghoere, Endier and the Imperial city there, it seems that any "South Coast" campaign could easily spill over into that location first making that the logical extension (for me anyway).

CM.

Senior Member marcum uth mather's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i agree the imperial city is a very good starting point for alot of adventures. if some one had anythink let me know. i have the old online city project info so if there is anything else out there thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Heartlands it is then
    Actually, that is my preferred option anyway and is roughly 30% complete already. The Imperial City will be given a much larger description this time around though...

By the way, an update on the status of the Atlas.

Almost all of the main material for the Southern Coast has now been completed, and if I get some time off work this week then we should have a draft version done within a week. Then it will require some editing etc, and I'm not sure how long that will take.

More soon....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would rather see a players secrest or a source book on the imperial city.Since it is the focus point of all the reagents...Would be nice to have this part fleshed out.

1)Why is it so important?
    2)What makes it so oppulent?
    3)Who has power in it?
    4)What is the history of how it was made?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very quickly...

1) Because it was the seat of power of the Anuirean empire, which ruled almost all of Cerilia and much of northern Aduria before its fall.

2) Wealth, trade, power. Most of the riches merchants of the old empire were based in Anuire and that wealth made it what it is. Also, the taxes and tribute from Anuire's colonies.

3) Traditionally three main forces of power. The people, the chamberlain (or the emperor when he/she was around), and the old imperial senate.

4) Built after Deismaar as the seat of Roele's new empire...

I agree though, it would be nice to have a complete product on the Imperial City, and I'm not ruling something like that out for the future. Right now, nothing like that is planned, but I've run a lot of adventures set in the IC and have a goodly amount of campaign material to add... including maps of much of the underground ruins of the old college of sorcery.

Thread Information