Greetings.

I have a pet project to develop the Arms of the various nations of Anuire, and would like to get some discussions started on the history of Anuire, the possible colours and charges of the 12 tribes of the Andu, a determionation of which of the 12 Ducal Houses are direct decendants of these tribes, which ones were appointed by Emperors past, etc...

Many of you will think that it would be easier to just go ahead and design the Arms as they stand today and call it done, but that would be ignoring the evolution of 1500 years that these arms would undergo, the interrelations between them, and more importantly give us some starting points for the nations and houses that split away from them.

THE IMPERIAL CITY
Assuming that the Imperial Arms would be virtually unchanged from the first Roeles, we need to ask "Who were they?" If Roele, Rasene and Haelyn were the sons of the King of the premier Andu tribe, then, should their arms not reflect this? Since the totem animal of Andurias was a lion, that would be a logical charge to use. The colour red (from accounts I have read in some source I can't fully remember) seems to be associated with nobility, so let's use this as a field colour. In heraldic lingo, one proposed set of Arms fot eh Imperial City would be:
Gules, a lion's head caboshed affronty Or.
In plainspeak, we have a red field, and a golden lion's head staring out at the viewer with the mane surrounding the face, tufts of hair down where the neck would normally be depicted.

Any thoughts?