This topic could be used for housrules

Currently Im not so satisfied by the way blood abilityes are handled.

I dont like the idee of ruling blood type thet only alows acsess to a list of abs.
I think its to formalised.

What I came up with last nigth when I was going to bed was somthing I thougt of as briliant. A bit complex. but I still like it now the morning after.

What if the blood abs had alignment of there own. And ego like powerfull items.

Now when you create your character, you have his bloodline, or history.
The history gives you the list of abilitys your charater can have acsess to. So you dont have acsess to any of the abilityes thet no one of your line/history has had.

If the abilitys an alignment difrent to yours you save agenst the abilitys ego

the save is based on what the ability is. chancing form is perhaps a fort save while gaining a spelllike ability is perhaps a will save.

The total ego points of your abilitys combined can not be graiter then your blood score.

the graitness of the ability is now mesured by its ego score.

Now an example.

I have here a LG paladin
with Bloodscore of 15
and blood abilitys
"Higthen ability cha" LG of EGO 10
"Bloodmark" LN of EGO 5

Now he slays a CE creature
with Bloodscore of 35
and blood abilitys
"aura of doom" CE of Ego 25
"withering tuch" NE of Ego 10

By a critical blow trow the hart, he instantly gains higer bloodscore. but in the process he must save versus the abilityes of his foe.
"aura of doom" faild save
"withering tuch" saved

if we use the slayn blood*10 for RP we get 350RP

15*4 = 60
+ 16*4 = 124
+ 17*4 = 192
+ 18*4 = 264
+ 19*4 = 340

So the New blood score is 19

But how sould we calculate the new ego points of the abilityes
he sould have

"aura of doom" CE of Ego 25
"Higthen ability cha" LG of EGO 10
"Bloodmark" LN of EGO 5

But as this is not possible with only a score of 19 the older abilityes must save agenst the new manifested ability. just like items on a character when a fireball hits him.

"Bloodmark" gets lucky and saves
"Higthen ability +1 cha" fails his save
So the newly gaind ability has ego of 14 and is downgraided in power.

0 no manifestasion / minor visible marks of no power
1-10 Minor ability
11-20 Major ability
21+ Great ability

The new LG paladin is
with Bloodscore of 19
and blood abilitys
"aura of doom" CE of Ego 14
"Bloodmark" LG of EGO 5
"Higthen ability cha" LN of EGO 0

this paladin has a conflict with his blood. tread his conflicting blood as a magic item with strong EGO

Edit:

Iv been thinking about this during the day. and I have some questions.

I was thinking of having each type of blood as its own ability.

So in order to have Azary Dominant in your blood. he would have to have some EGO. This represeant not only the fact thet you have been in contact with Azary's blood. But his character is now in your blood. Trying to manipulate you.

Note, if PC almost looses his controle of the character by means of his blood, the character becomes a NPC, like in ravenloft.

I have come up with a investitour action of inner conflict witch can be used with this system of blood.

When the regent finds out thet he has unwanted efects about him. he can contest this efect, efectively returning to a better way. Now in order to do this. the regent must spend RP in order to boost one of his Bloods abilityes EGO's (one RP spent gives +1 EGO for one action) Then he spends his action in inner conflict where the aided blood contests the unwanted blood. But this action can backfire. For the contested blood is alowed a save. if it passes its save, it can now atempt to contest the rival blood.

What hapens when I have a blood increas. or if I have higer blood score then I have blood abilityes total EGO.

well, one of the blood abilityes will increas its ego to fully empower the total bloodscore. The Blood ability thet recives the score is determand randomly by the value of its EGO. RP can be spent in order to supress one of the abilityes ego or to increas it. This will alow the strongest ability the most chence to gain power, and it will alow the player to modify the outcome by using RP. This will slow regents down thet have unfavorable mix of abilityes.

___

what do you, good folks of this side, think of this?