Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Non-regents

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it`s not likely for commoners to become blooded, but I usally play with some blooded and some unblooded. And that`s cool! Now we are playing a pirate campaign, and some of the players are trying to take controll over Albiele and make it a kingdom that they rule! (Not that Aerenwe, Roesone, Avanil and Diemed likes it to mutch....but anyway..)

By the way; does anyone have any information about Albiele Island please send it to me!

Lord Eldred! it`s XAPHAN not Xephan
    "To you I'm the stranger,
    but you're strange to me..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Xaphan

Lord Eldred! it`s XAPHAN not Xephan
    What are you talking about that is exactly what I put :P ;)
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never had anyone seek to be an un-blooded regent. Though I have entertained thoughts of converting Medoere or Roesone into a Repblic where they would have a ruling council of blooded and unblooded rulers...

I've got a two-fold campaign running parrallel in one the PCs are a mix of blooded and unblooded. I play this section much like a normal campaign in a different game world (though they do have a central goal, which happens to be getting their advocate on the throne...).

The other is a standard blooded regent campaign.

I don't see the reason for an un-blooded regent except to bukc the system and be different. My best solution is that once they become regent they would at least be imbued with a bloodline fo 1 from the land itself.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have a problem with a commoner becoming blooded, though there better be some serious roleplaying going on to get there. I have always had the feeling that the blooded were always meant for the great things, be triumph or tragedy, just like King Arthur. So for a commoner to become blooded would just take a major act of dedication on that individual's part.

Myself, I prefer playing in a blooded campaign because then you get to deal with all the things that Birthright was designed for. So a campaign of all commoners would, in my mind, still have to focus on the happenings and interactions of the regents.
    Arlen Blaede-Blademaster
    Regent of Myddjarna
    First Lord of the Giant Downs

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lawgiver

I've never had anyone seek to be an un-blooded regent. Though I have entertained thoughts of converting Medoere or Roesone into a Repblic where they would have a ruling council of blooded and unblooded rulers...

I've got a two-fold campaign running parrallel in one the PCs are a mix of blooded and unblooded. I play this section much like a normal campaign in a different game world (though they do have a central goal, which happens to be getting their advocate on the throne...).

The other is a standard blooded regent campaign.

I don't see the reason for an un-blooded regent except to bukc the system and be different. My best solution is that once they become regent they would at least be imbued with a bloodline fo 1 from the land itself.
    Ruling councils work, that is what we have, I never thought of having non-blooded become council members however. If you end up doing it, let me know how it play-tests. You have so many ideas so little time to play test.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    While it may be blasphemy to some, I still think that a totally unblooded regent has potential. Perhaps if nothing else limiting him to 1/2 the normal regency. Though you still have the problem of the cap for a bloodline (though I don't use that rule either...)
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The nice thing about being DM is you can allow whatever you want.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    I allow commoners to commit bloodtheft by the v3.08 rules. They get a couple of points and would really have to kill heaps of scions to get a bloodscore to be a decent regent. Now that's dedication.

My group of five started out as a Blooded (14) Half Orc son of a murdered cheif, a blooded (10) son of a Guildmaster, two commoners and a commoner that had received land + law levels as an "heir". When the group killed a bandit lord (Bloodscore 10). Two of the commoners became blooded through good rolls. One of these was the "heir". This instantly made the commoner who had lands etc into a regent (with 2 bloodscore).

The "heir" was inherited (when she was a baby) by the Prince of Avanil when the Castle in Anuire (that was taken by force when the Prince forced the chancellor to inheri him as Emperor) was beseiged by Aeric Boerine. The Prince knew he was going to be captured so named the baby girl as his heir and challenged Boerine to a duel to the Death. The Prince died but the baby escaped. The Prince hoped (sucessfully) to stuff Boerine around for years to come while he either looked for the baby to invest himself as emperor or slowly contest each province. Its actually 10 times more complex, but I won't bore you with the details....
    Gav

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lawgiver

While it may be blasphemy to some, I still think that a totally unblooded regent has potential. Perhaps if nothing else limiting him to 1/2 the normal regency. Though you still have the problem of the cap for a bloodline (though I don't use that rule either...)
    Too bad the rules require 1 RP to be spent to initiate so many actions. If you eliminate this "startup cost" and limit to GB only, commoners could rule - they just wouldn't have the benefit of RP. Allow them to just spen GBs instead to influence checks that normally are modifiable by RP.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are a few ways that Commoner Regents (for the want of a better term) could use Domain Actions that required RP:

set up a vassalage with a regent that pays you RP

convince non-regent scions that have excess RP leftover from usurping to invest this left over RP to you maybe in return for GBs. Wow - deathsquads of the regent (You could transfer this RP to Bloodscore and become a blooded regent)

Carry out some usurping of your own (ver 3.08 style) - if you roll well then you become blooded.

Most of these ways could easily lead you to become a weak bloodscore regent anyway.

Gav
    Gav

Thread Information