Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Non-regents

Downloads
    Uploads
    While I understand the argument that Azrai blood can pass over, then why couldn't any other bloodline. Especially a strong one. Also what of the special weapons that take bloodlines, couldn't they be used to steal the bloodline?

Also isn't there some sort of religious ceremony that can be used to pass on the bloodlines?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's no reason why it shouldn't work, in fact, there are quite a few notables NPCs who have gained a bloodline through bloodtheft; regardless of whether the bloodline came from Azrai or not. The bloodline of Azrai isn't imo worse than others, except when absorbing a bloodline from an awnshegh. Someone who successfully kills a regent by piercing his heart would gain the benefits of bloodtheft, yes.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    This whole concept has been bothering me so much I decided to do what I should have done in the first place...read the rule book. What I found is very interesting!

On page 30 it indicates "A character can voluntarily pass his bloodline to another character by participating in a ceremony of investiture (described in detail in Part II)." On page 56 it describes blooline investiture "This ceremony, which is rarely used, transfers all of the power of a bloodline from one character to another. Both characters involved must be present, but the donor need not be a willing participant. The donor gives up his bloodline entirely. If the recipient is unblooded, he assumes his patron's bloodline derivation, strength, and abilities." SO A NON-BLOODED CHARACTER CAN BECOME BLOODED THROUGH INVESTITURE.

On page 31 it describes usurpation (bloodtheft). It indicates "If a blooded character dies a natural death or perishes at the hand of a commoner, his bloodline is unaffected, and all his bloodline characteristics die with him." This would indicate that a non-blooded character couldn't become blooded by piercing a blooded character through the heart. In fact when it mentions this act it refers to a blooded character killing another blooded character in this way. Again on page 31 "If a scion or regent dies as a result of another blooded character piercing him through the heart...the slayer increases his bloodline strenght by 1 point..." SO A NON-BLOODED CHARACTER CAN NOT BECOME BLOODED THROUGH BLOODTHEFT.

On page 31 it also decribes a tighmaevril weapon as an aid to bloodtheft. "The rarest case of bloodtheft occur when a scion is killed with a weapon made of tighmaevril (tih-mee-vril), or bloodsilver." SO A NON-BLOODED CHARACTER COULD NOT USE A TIGHMAEVRIL WEAPON TO BECOME BLOODED BECAUSE NON-BLOODED CHARACTERS CAN NOT BECOME BLOODED THROUGH BLOODTHEFT.

What do people think of these rules? Evidently not everyone has been playing this way.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think it would make sense to prevent commoners from completing a bloodtheft. Its been done in the books. And I always prefered to adapt the rules to a storyline than adapt a storylines to the rules =) But that's a personal preference, and yes, I know that in the rules per se, its not possible for a commoner to perform bloodtheft.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, I don't necessarily disagree with you but how would it work? Would the commoner gain a 1 point bloodline? You really couldn't give the commoner the same bloodline or even half because that would destroy the need for tighmaevril weapons. So I will ask one more time, how would it work?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    A blooded normally gains 1 point if his bloodline was stronger or equal with the killed, or 2 points if it is weaker. In the case of the last of a line, its 1/5 of the bloodline strenght that is taken. I'd do the same for a commoner: He gains a tainted(2) bloodline, or a bloodline equal to 1/5th of the scion killed if the scion was the last of his bloodline. In most cases though, the commoner won't necessarily notice the difference, a 2 point bloodline really is weak.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,

Downloads
    Uploads
    That seems fair to me. What do other people think?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with it.
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    It`s like playing regular AD&D, but with a world already finished!
    I think it`s ok to play with unblooded characthers..
    "To you I'm the stranger,
    but you're strange to me..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would agree and I don't see a problem with having a total campaign of commoners. What do you think on the rest of the discussion? Should commoners be able to become blooded? DO you play with just commoners in your campaign?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Thread Information