Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Non-regents

Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as why bloodline limits regency, I think it is so you don't have guys with low bloodlines with large domains. Since you don't have as much "God Juice" you are not as fit to rule. Your neighbors will sense this and you won't have the RP to handle all of the contest actions and your domain will be reduced to something that you can manage. It is the reason that even though you are a great mayor of your town of 5000 you have no idea what it would take to be President. It also prevents one from quickly raising their bloodline since they won't have tons of RP to burn.
    With commoners becoming blooded, I like to always have the option of making characters blooded later. I know the rules do not allow for unblooded bloodtheft but I don't have a problem with Rule 0ing that stuff. :P

CW

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought about non-blooded regents, and how there could be non-blooded regents on other continents in the BR world, and came up with this.
    First the character would have to pick up the Leadership Feat to be able to rule. Then the regent would be able to collect what is called Prestige Points. The amount of Prestige Points the character starts out with is equal to their charisma score, and they work in this way.
    They are collected in the same way a blooded person would collect RP's except the total is always divided by 2 rounded up. Therefore if a character had 3 level 3 law holdings they would collect 5 Prestige points as opposed to 9 RP's. The maximum amount they can collect is also limited by their charisma score.
    Prestige points are used in the same way as RP's except it cost twice as many Prestige points then it would for RP's.
    Prestige points can not be transfered from one character to another in anyway. Non-blooded regents don't have the power of the gods running through them and therefore are relatively weaker regents, but they still have their own natural leadership abilities.
    Prestige points are not compatible with RP's, and can't be used with RP's.
    So, if you think this system could work for non-blooded regents go ahead and collect your PP's.
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by blitzmacher
    They are collected in the same way a blooded person would collect RP's except the total is always divided by 2 rounded up. Therefore if a character had 3 level 3 law holdings they would collect 5 Prestige points as opposed to 9 RP's. The maximum amount they can collect is also limited by their charisma score. Prestige points are used in the same way as RP's except it cost twice as many Prestige points then it would for RP's.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to simply divide by four initially instead of performing the math twice? (you collect half as many and they are half as effective when used = 1/4 the value of RP)
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't think so, since depending on what domain action a character uses would depend on how many points he would spend. If you cut it down to 1/4 in the collection of points, then you would be saying they're hard to collect but just as effective as RP's. Besides, I don't think I can do anything the easy way.
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Thread Information