Downloads
    Uploads
    Greetings,

How feasible would an official "next age" of Cerilia be? Although this may

be quite an undertaking, it will provide some fun debate, as well as letting

the real world that the birthright community is still quite alive.

I`m sure everyone has wondered:

Did the gorgon war Anuire?

Who sits upon the iron throne, if anyone?

Which realms grow and which crumble?

Regards,

Terence
    NOTE: Messages posted by Birthright-L are automatically inserted posts originating from the mailing list linked to the forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Someone here, if I recall correctly, wrote something about a next, dark, age where the Gorgon would have made war against Anuire, and won. He would them remake the empire, though this time in an "evil version".

Sounds very interesting, though for now I still wants to enjoy Cerilia's current age.

Which would be the third, maybe fourth? If you count the first age to end when the humans flee from Azrai and reach Cerilia, and them the second age could end with the Battle of Deismaar. The fall of the empire could mean the end of the third age, what means that the current time would be the fourth.

...Well, this was just a quick supposition. What do you think?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tor a long time now I`ve thought a later Renaissance/mid-Colonial period

version of BR would be very interesting, especially if it incorporated a

lot of adventure on the high seas stuff. I half-jokingly wrote up a

description of "Elven Lightning Powder" for use in flintlock rifles that

instigates the reversal of the elven decline, but I don`t think I`d really

do that as a whole background of the setting--for all that I think it is

amusing.

As for some of the particulars regarding the awnshegh like the Gorgon or

Rhoubhe I think they`d still be around for the most part. If they`ve made

it 1,500 years they _probably_ can go another century or two. That would

depend on the actions of PCs in a campaign set in the "present" of BR, of

course, but if I were writing up the setting for mass distribution I`d

probably not muck around much with those characters, and many of the

domains of BR would remain as well; Boeruine, Avanil, etc. More firmly

established, perhaps, but by and large they`d be the same. Guys I might

nix are Diemed, Ghoere, Osoerde, Cariele, and a few others--or they`d

become vassals of some of the more powerful domains. The Gorgon would

become steadily more powerful, but that wouldn`t extend that much. His

control of Kiergaard would be firmly established, maybe a little expansion

into Rjurik lands.... That might be good.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, I can easily forsee a period when the Gorgon 's power wanes. After all, there is Brand Mournsinger in Kiergard, leading and fomenting rebellion. Moradin's Forge is subverting people in Mur Kilad. Mur Kilad and Markazor hate each other. And Ghuralli is generating a lot of support among goblins and orogs in the Giant Downs, and could draw off refugees and deserters.

I think it's quite likely that all of these bubble over at once, creating havoc in the Gorgon's armies. Of course, he will personally see to the death of Markazor and Mur Kilad rebels, but the rebellion will lead to massive death. If they are lucky, Kiergard may even break free of his yoke, for a while.

If this did happen, then Anuire might experience a renaissance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Benjamin schrieb:

>This post was generated by the Birthright.net message forum.

> You can view the entire thread at:

> http://www.birthright.net/forums/ind...=ST&f=2&t=2212

>

> Benjamin wrote:

> Actually, I can easily forsee a period when the Gorgon `s power wanes. After all, there is Brand Mournsinger in Kiergard, leading and fomenting rebellion. Moradin`s Forge is subverting people in Mur Kilad. Mur Kilad and Markazor hate each other. And Ghuralli is generating a lot of support among goblins and orogs in the Giant Downs, and could draw off refugees and deserters.

> I think it`s quite likely that all of these bubble over at once, creating havoc in the Gorgon`s armies. Of course, he will personally see to the death of Markazor and Mur Kilad rebels, but the rebellion will lead to massive death. If they are lucky, Kiergard may even break free of his yoke, for a while. If this did happen, then Anuire might experience a renaissance.

>

Speaking of Ghuralli - he already started fighting the agents of the

White Witch - I could more likely see that Ghuralli is crushed between

the expanding Gorgon and White Witch who ally and designate areas of

influence with Rjurik for the White Witch and Anuire for the Gorgon.

Mur-Kilad is as likely to ally with the orogs under Baruk-Ahzik and

destroy that dwarven realm (as hinted in the PS of Baruk-Ahzik and Legen

of the Hero Kings) as the other way around that the Forge of Moradin

achieves to get the Mur-Kilad dwarves back to follow Moradin.

Then the Raven and Magian divide up Vosgaard and Khinasi and we have an

age of Awnsheglien rule ;-)

bye

Michael

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I think it is the external threat of the Gorgon that provides the single greatus impetus toward Anuirean (and Brecht) (re)unification, be it as an Empire, High Kingdom, etc. If the Gorgon were to fall from power before unification, I believe the struggles between Anuirean regents would intensify by several factors.

I believe that if there were to be a new "age" in Anuire, the issue with the Gorgon would need to come to a head. Either the Gorgon emerges triumphant (quite possible without some epic-level heroes to oppose him) and the Age of Terror begins, or the said heroes unite the feuding factions (or at least enough regents allied to form a critical mass) and manage to land a crushing defeat on the Gorgon. This doesn't have to mean final death for the Gorgon (though that would be the best case scenario), but it needs to be decisive enough to badly weaken the Gorgon to the point that he can't or won't invade Anuire and harvest bloodlines for several centuries at least.

Here's one scenario possibility: the Gorgon is soundly defeated, his armies crushed and scattered, and his lands counter-invaded. The Gorgon himself escapes, though suffers a great (or even epic&#33 loss of regency and loses his temporal power. But if he escapes with his life then he might disappear and go underground for a few centuries, scheming for vengeance upon his enemies' descendants and looking for new allies in new places.

In Anuire, such a victory would almost certainly catapult the heroes to the Iron Throne. Thus you might get an Emperor, Imperial Guildmaster, Grand Prelate of the Imperial Temple, and High Imperial Wizard in a generic 4-PC party of high level characters. A ranger might become First Warden of the Empire, a dedicated fighter (esp. a non-blooded one) could be the Grand Marshal of the Empire...the possibilities are limitless here.

So if anyone wants an idea for THE epic end of the Anuirean campaign, there's one possibility...

-Osprey

Thread Information