Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everybody,

I created some heraldic icons for my campaign that we I are using to spice things up. Arjan was groovy enough to put it in the download section so you all could check it out if you want.

WARNING: The heraldic icons created in this supplement were modeled from art that first appeared in BIRTHRIGHT: The Gorgon’s Alliance, a computer game published by Sierra in 1997. Though a far cry from the intricacies of true medieval heraldry, the color schemes used in my art are simple and easy to recognize.

So, please don't flame me telling me I don't know what real heralds are, attaching 100 links to real heralds, etc. Consider my use of herald a relative term. If you're hardcore into heraldry, don't look! Still, you guys are too cool to do that anyway, right?

Here's a tidbit from my intro:
    Whether amidst the confusion of battle or cresting the horizon on a foggy morning, these symbols are meant to create a sense of identity for the realms of Anuire. I have created them for use in my personal campaign, and here are some of the uses I have found for
    them:

• Logos for realm documents you create or to put on character sheets
    • Pennants or banners for use during the war card game
    • As a role-playing device, for example describing only the colors of a tattered
    pennant found on the field of a recent battle
    • Above all to deepen the sense of identity and individuality for each realm

You can find it in the downloads section or by going here:

Anuirean Heralds

Hope you like it,

camelotcrusade
    Carpe DM

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I get an old hard drive back, with my favorite paint program on it, I

plan to do an armorial of the Taelshore.

Kenneth Gauck

kgauck@mchsi.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    No flames here for your hard work.

What I would like to see though, is a discussion about an armorial of the various realms and Ducal Houses, and the colours associated with those Arms. I have a large number of graphic Heralds at my disposal and would love to get working an an Anuirean Roll of Arms for the various nations. I doubt that the Sidhe or goblins have anything analogous to heraldry, but the Karamhul very well might...

-Mike
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion -- and usually easier."

- R. A. Heinlien, from The Collected works of Lazarus Long

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I'm glad you checked it out. Sorry the download is so big, but it does have everything. If you just want an individual gif or two feel free to send me an e-mail.

I would love to see what real heralds you guys have come up with, too.

I probably shouldn't ask this, but does anybody like this style besides me? I must be blinded by art!! :P
    Carpe DM

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a look though too. Good stuff, but I was slightly disappointed that they were all four-quarters-square partitions. Some vertical/horisontal/diagonal-bisected, diagonal-stripe and so on might make them a bit more distinctive.

Sample Blazons:
    http://www.btinternet.com/~nigel.kenningto...ht/gfx/blazons/

Thanks for publishing your stuff though!

CM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I started to download camelotcrusade's heralds, but it looked like it was going to take a couple of hours... is that 'cos there's something wrong with my computer, or is it a really big file?

I also took a look at Cmonkey's website - I like what you've done (although all the 3rd Ed rules are kinda lost on me) I nicked a lot of your shields, I hope that's ok? One day I'll get a better computer and start sharing my resourses with all the people I've stolen stuff off!
    Sgt. Froggatt

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Mr.Froggatt@Jan 25 2004, 11:16 AM
    I started to download camelotcrusade's heralds, but it looked like it was going to take a couple of hours... is that 'cos there's something wrong with my computer, or is it a really big file?
    It's a really big file.

CM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Doing a very quick glance th the files on CMonkey's site, in proper heraldic lingo, al of those field divisions would, in a proper blazon, have the word 'per' preceeding them to denote that they are field divisions, and not ordinaries. Ordinaries are charges placed on the field, and whule many of them have the dame names as field divisions, they are a seperate class...

(in the SCA as HL Anthony Hawke, herald in the Kingdom of An Tir)
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion -- and usually easier."

- R. A. Heinlien, from The Collected works of Lazarus Long

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Athos69@Jan 25 2004, 02:58 PM
    Doing a very quick glance th the files on CMonkey's site, in proper heraldic lingo, al of those field divisions would, in a proper blazon, have the word 'per' preceeding them to denote that they are field divisions, and not ordinaries. Ordinaries are charges placed on the field, and whule many of them have the dame names as field divisions, they are a seperate class...
    This at least costs us nothing to be accurate about. Filenames duely changed.

I don't quite understand what "ordinaries" are though, can you elaborate (or show an example)?

CM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I liked the heraldries you put in there, but I have to agree with CMonkey...

If you won't to download it and do not have the time to do at once, use a download manager like GetRight, or Opera's download manager. This way, you can continue downloading from where you stopped, and you can even download multiple streams: while this is a bit dangerous, since there is a slight possibility the file could be downloaded incorrectly (0,1%), it generally is much faster.

Thread Information