Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thumbing through my birthright rulebooks, and i noticed that there's quite a few sets of new magical items - potions and rings of ley from the book of magecraft, various items and relics from the book of priestcraft, a whole bunch of stuff from the book of regency (which also mentions some items from the stardard DMG that should be disallowed) and a few miscillainious things from other rulbooks (such as a few swords and stuff in blookdspawn... i think).

Has anyone bothered to re-construct some comprehensive magic item tables including these birthight items? If they have, could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers.
    Sgt. Froggatt

Downloads
    Uploads
    which also mentions some items from the stardard DMG that should be disallowed
    OK, I'll bite: What?

CM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    At 04:48 PM 12/21/2003 +0100, CMonkey wrote:

>
    which also mentions some items from the stardard DMG that should be

>disallowed
    >

> OK, I`ll bite: What?

I think what was meant there was the list in the BoR of "Prohibited Items"

(p101) that include things like potions of dragon control, scrolls of

dragon control, lots of rods, wands and staves, etc. Several of those

items aren`t right for BR since we don`t have colored or metallic

dragons. That section is, however, really meant for the inventory of

starting characters, or of regents who gain magical items in lieu of taxes,

not characters who gain items through adventuring. The "artifacts" of BR

should probably remain artifacts

I suppose there are several items in the DMG that would be inappropriate

for BR. A sphere of annihilation, for example, doesn`t strike me as an

appropriate BR magic item. It might inspire an awnshegh, though....

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, I thought i was being pretty clear, but I guess not: here goes:

When you determining magical items found by the party in a stash of treasure, you (might) roll them up randomly using the treasure tables in the DMG (at least in 2nd ed, I dunno about 3rd ed). Then, when you've got your treasure type (say, potions or rings - whetever) you roll on the more detailed table to determine more specifically what the item is

I was just wondering whether anyone had created some sort of comprehensive table that included all the birthright magic items (such as rings of ley) whilst excluding non-birthright items like potions of dragon control.
    Sgt. Froggatt

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Mr.Froggatt@Dec 21 2003, 12:49 PM
    Sorry, I thought i was being pretty clear, but I guess not: here goes:

When you determining magical items found by the party in a stash of treasure, you (might) roll them up randomly using the treasure tables in the DMG (at least in 2nd ed, I dunno about 3rd ed). Then, when you've got your treasure type (say, potions or rings - whetever) you roll on the more detailed table to determine more specifically what the item is

I was just wondering whether anyone had created some sort of comprehensive table that included all the birthright magic items (such as rings of ley) whilst excluding non-birthright items like potions of dragon control.
    Rings of ley were artifacts. Artifacts were never included in the random magic item tables - they were always left for the DM to introduce as he saw fit, never a random treasure item. I believe they would have fallen under the "DM's choice" option for random item tables.

Chap 8 of the BRCS - playtest has a list (3rd ed conversion) of most of the items you are referring to. There are random tables for determining an item's history as well as abilities and their level modifications - again 3rd ed terminology.

I don't think I have seen a replacement random item table with "everything" possible in the campaign though.
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information