Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello, I am checking in to the e-list again. I have been on twice for a

period of months in the past, leaving shortly after the release of the BRCS

book.

Some background: I was running a Giantdowns game that had lasted

off-and-on for nearly 6 years when I packed it in this summer-- too may long gaps in

between sessions, generally caused by kids underfoot. The DM/writing bug is

still with me, so I have been picking at ideas for a Brecht game in the far

future, say, when the boys go off to school and I get the mornings to write out

nasty things to do to my players.

Dreaming aside, I have two questions:

- has anyone statted out the Banshegh for 3rd edition (and may I see it)?

How does one handle the "dream-combat" idea?

- Is there a 3.5 BRCS in the works?

Thanks, Lee.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Lee@Dec 22 2003, 01:09 AM
    Hello, I am checking in to the e-list again. I have been on twice for a

period of months in the past, leaving shortly after the release of the BRCS

book.

Some background: I was running a Giantdowns game that had lasted

off-and-on for nearly 6 years when I packed it in this summer-- too may long gaps in

between sessions, generally caused by kids underfoot. The DM/writing bug is

still with me, so I have been picking at ideas for a Brecht game in the far

future, say, when the boys go off to school and I get the mornings to write out

nasty things to do to my players.

Dreaming aside, I have two questions:

- has anyone statted out the Banshegh for 3rd edition (and may I see it)?

How does one handle the "dream-combat" idea?

- Is there a 3.5 BRCS in the works?

Thanks, Lee.

Welcome back,

Yes there is a revision of the BRCS under works to incorporate 3.5 and various comments by members of the mail list and forum.

There is already a posting of the revised version of Chapt 2 posted so look for that post for the download link.

I would strongly suggest going to Birtright.net to check up on what you've missed. Many ideas/comments have been posted. Since it intertwins the mail list and board direct posts it is a very good historical record of the comments/discussion - the real weakness of using the mail server only for such things.
    Duane Eggert

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did a version of the Banshegh ages ago, shortly after 3E was released I think. Anyway, here it is, hope it is some use.

Banshegh

Medium Awnshegh

Hit Dice: 11d10+43 (103)
    Initiative: +8 (+4 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
    Speed: 40 ft.
    AC: 21 (+4 Dex, +7 Natural)
    Attacks: Banshegh's Touch +12/+7/+2
    Damage: Banshegh's Touch 1d8+1
    Face/Reach: 5ft. by 5ft/5ft.
    Special Attacks: Dreams, Wail
    Special Qualities: Incorporeal, Immunities, Spell Resistance 21
    Saves: Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +5
    Abilities: Str 12, Dex 18, Con 17, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 8

Skills: Hide +10, Intimidate +8, Intuit Direction +8, Listen +12, Search +12, Sense Motive +6, Spot +14
    Feats: Alertness, Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Initiative, Mobility

Bloodline: Minor (Azrai) 33
    Blood Abilities: Bloodform (Major), Fear (Major), Invulnerability (Great), Major Resistance - Magic, Nonmagical Weapons (Major), Wither Touch (Minor)

Climate/Terrain: The Banshegh's Realm/Brechtür (Night only)
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 11
    Treasure: None
    Advancement: By character class

A dark, twisted spirit thought by some to be a wraith from the shadow world, and by others the result of a foul curse, the Banshegh is the alter-ego of Justina Heulough (see NPC page), the kind and just ruler of the tiny mountain province of Pashacht. Although she does all she can to protect her people from the Banshegh's nightly rampages, Justina continues to deny any connection with the Awnshegh, despite divinations and other spells proving that both regents are one in the same. Further proof can be found in the Banshegh's appearance, for she closely resembles Justina in both face and form, though she lack a true physical presence, instead being made up of dark mists and a strange blue-glowing energy. The Banshegh is rarely seen directly, but is visible out of the corners of one's eyes; looking at her most often results in looking through her.

Combat
    As Justina, the Banshegh fights as a skilled elven fighter, and will be ably assisted by her advisors, including the wizard Gastus. At night though, while Justina is sleeping the true Banshegh emerges, a ghostly spirit who haunts the hills around Pashacht, entering the minds of sleeping victims and frightening them to death. The Banshegh rarely engages in true physical combat, but if she does her blood abilities and other powers make her a very dangerous opponent.
    Dreams (Su): This unique ability allows the Banshegh to enter the minds of sleeping victims and frighten them to death. The few who have encountered her and lived to tell of it aged 10 years in their sleep. The dream-tales she weaves are wild and unbelievable, as the Banshegh can seemingly manipulate dream events and interact with the sleeper's mind, causing damage incurred to a dream-self to happen in the real world (25% of damage done in a dream is incurred by the character's real body). To survive a dream battle with the Banshegh a character must save against Will, difficultly class 21. A successful save results in the character ageing 10 years, while an unsuccessful save means the character has died in his sleep.
    Wail (Su): The Banshegh also possesses a powerful wail. Any creature within 30 ft. must save vs. Will (DC 16) or die of fright, their faces contorted in terror. The Banshegh may use this terrifying attack once every five rounds.
    Incorporeal: Can be harmed only by other incorporeal creatures, +1 or better magical weapons, or magic, with a 50% chance to ignore any damage from a corporeal source. Can pass through solid objects at will, and own attacks pass through armour. Always moves silently.
    Immunities (Su): The Banshegh has immunities similar to an undead creature such as a spectre, including mind-influencing effects, poison, sleep, paralysis (including hold undead and similar spells), stunning, and disease. She is not subject to critical hits, subdual damage, ability damage, energy drain, or death from massive damage. Her alter-ego Justina Heulough does not possess these immunities or any of the other special powers listed here.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    In a message dated 12/23/03 6:21:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,

brnetboard@BIRTHRIGHT.NET writes:

<< did a version of the Banshegh ages ago, shortly after 3E was released I

think. Anyway, here it is, hope it is some use. >>

OK, that`s something. Thanks

Lee,

Thread Information