Thread: Aduria Material

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm about to start my fourth Birthright caimpaign. I have played two in Anuire and one in Bretchur. The Anuirean caimpaigns were both blood baths and warfare good old. The Bretch characters formed mightly trade kills that linked with the Anuirean and Khinasi lands and even exploited Rjuvik to a certain extent.

I'm interested in starting another caimpaign in Mieres. I feel it as an colonial outpost of the Anurieans and a gateway to a new vista with ancient ruins, secrets, and cultures. (I'm placing the College of Wizardy from the expansion of the same name in unnamed province.)

The party is actually going to come from different Cerelia cultures. Anuirean conqueres, Bretch explorers and traders, and Khinasi sages looking for ancient lore. The Governor of Mieres is corrupt and does care who uses his port.

I envision introducing a large amount of wilderness in northern Aduria (perhaps it viewed as cursed, houses a large elven population, or other evils -- the Anuirean are incredibly aggressive. There has to be a good reason they haven't expanded into Aduria previously - particularly since Anuire is fairly crowded (compared to the other realms.) Perhaps there are some particularly awful monsters behind the ability of Cerelia adventures to slay (less intelligent Gorgon or Serpant type - that would make civilization difficult) I'm open to ideas...

Since the Cerelian races fled the shadow, I'm thinking of a number of evil races - some primitive. I'd also see the ancient race of the Masetians and a race of wizards falling somewhere. (as the bulk of the Masela and Vorynn bloodlines obviously didn't end up in Cerelia). I like the idea of the Vorynn descendants as a group of small clans of wizards who jealous protect their knowledge, but can use realm magic to build fantastic things and constructs.

I do envision a lot of Azari's influence including a Shadowlands or Blight similiar to the one described in Oriental Adventures with an Egyptian or Babylonian culture that worships the shadow. I'm tooling with an Arabian society with Oriental influence for the Masetians which would have large cities, fuedal lords, etc - but I think the societies discribed in OA would not fit here.

I'd welcome any thought or suggestions .... if any of this is worth posting here let me know. I'm particularly interested in coming up with an idea for If there is previously developed material, I'd love to see it.

I have a little bit of time. I running a short Khinasi caimpaign so I have time to think about arcane lore and Masetian society. I am also using it to get used to your 3E rules, which I think are excellent. In fact, this site is great!

Thanks,
    Cypher Pax

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, I just saw Empires of the Blood. You guys are way ahead of me.... I'll continue my thoughts there.

Cypher Pax

Thread Information