Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sheesh. Talk about a guy nearly missing the boat! I just posted earlier today about creating a game of all Cerilia, and here you guys are, working it out without me.
    I want in, if possible. I am Dm-ing a game with 5 other Dm's called ITSOD, and am frustrated about only and always playing in Anuire.
    I have all the boxed sets except for Cities of the Sun. I had a brief life with a Brecht campaign of my own, so I am very familiar with the Havens of the Great Bay.
    So... what say the powers that be?
    'My honor is my life.'

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So... what say the powers that be?
    Well, Marlae says to simply throw down your sword and submit to her will and magesty now. That will save everyone lots of trouble! ;)
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Greetings, Black Baroness.
    I am sorely tempted to toss aside this steel blade and carry a sword of a different type for your majesty. Alas, I pray to land somewhere far away from Roesone, hopefully in the Great Bay or Vosgaard, so I doubt we could sustain such a long distance affair.
    I must politely decline your gracious offer.
    ;)

Umm... I don't suppose you can direct me to the authorities, guardsmen or Gatehouse so that I can sign in, sign on and start the process?
    'My honor is my life.'

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...Strahd (who happens to sit on PCyric's PC) says that you are most welcome in the Great Bay. Regarding Vosgaard... you will have to ask Malla Urden... eeerr..... Bryon :)

--
    Strahd (or Count von Zarovich for you :P)
    Gods never die, but they are always born...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well bless my stars and stripes!
    BSL! Imagine finding you around a bunch of guys talking Birthright! :P

This game is in great hands if you guys have Leslie helping in administration. We go back a ways, don't we Lady Miloh?

I have one question to ask those that have taken on the tasks of DMing. Are you planning on trying to run each expasion setting alone? (ie Anuire, the Havens, Vosgaard?) or are you planning on trying to split your settings up into their respective areas ( ANUIRE- South Coast, East Coast, Heartlands?) and having a DM for each one?
    Not that it matters if the DM has the time to take it all on themself, ( Vosgaard can be managed this way, it's not PC friendly), but the others have a ton of regents in them, and I feel for the person taking that on their shoulders.

I guess what I am saying is, I would like to be a player first, in Brechtur. But if you are going to allow what many of the other games do, I will gladly help out elsewhere, even if it's an errand runner.
    :)
    WB
    'My honor is my life.'

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, for now we are trying to create a setting in Anuire as a whole. We want the game to give us a flavour of the whole continent, with diplomatic missions from Anuire trying to reach the cold lands of Vosgaard, trade routes from Rjurik Highlands to Khinashi lands being destroyed by monsters or bandits, etc...
    We need all the help you can offer, but frankly, we prefer to have you as players. The more join in the game, the better it is going to be, with a lot of surprises for each one of you.
    Tomorrow is a great day...
    Gods never die, but they are always born...

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And speaking of players, the Khinasi section is now accepting new players, so sign up all.

The webpage for the Khinasi section is at this address
    http://users.chariot.net.au/~hoss/pbem1/index.html

Follow the directions on the page to join.

NOTE: The Khinasi section will have somewhat different rules that the rest of the pbem, as I will be play testing new 3E rules that are currently being developed by the Birthright developers group.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Uh oh.
    What system is the rest of the game being run under, guys? I don't have a single thing 3E, I have way too much money invested in the earlier version to run out and start buying up new books to play AD&D.
    And if the other sights are 2E, how are you going to make adjustments when the two systems cross paths in the game? With the Khinasi lands bordering parts of Anuire, Brechtur and Vosgaard, there definately will be interaction between the different cultures.
    'My honor is my life.'

Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont want to know the total of money we spend on ADnD
    raven loft > almost complete
    birthright > complete with doubles
    planescape > complete with doubles
    darksun,mystara, and alot of FR stuf.

still switched to 3e, and i must say, almost every 2nd edition item is still usable in 3e. Most of the time it is Background info, not game technics.

So if you only would buy the PHB,DMG and MM the rest of the info you can get from your 'old' books.
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't need to buy the 3E rules, you can download them from http://www.opengamingfoundation.org/srd.html

Sure not as good as the books, but good enough to get the basic idea. Anyway, my game will only be using 3E rules for characters. Domain rules and bloodlines will be the same as normal.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Thread Information