Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That is a good question.

What I was thinking invloved "gametime."

Various games have gametime/realtime ratios. Birthright would need the same thing. One week in real life constitutes 1 month BR time, which would mean 1 domain action. Or maybe 1 week would constitute 1 domain turn with 3 actions.

This basically means a ruling scion (of a guild, temple, law, or source) would have one week to do any domain actions. This would encourage activity and punish inactivity.

The setup for this would involve the guild structure of other MMOs, but slightly modified, of course. Say we're talking about a realm. The GM of Guild X would be the ruler of Realm X. The members of the "guild" would just be members of the "court." For Temples they would be in service to the church, as priests, guards, etc.

If the GM is lax, the realm suffers and the scions of the guild would have the option of deposing, or replacing him/her.

Downloads
    Uploads
    what would be the purpose of the guild members? Would they just wander about doing their own thing and check in at the guild to see if things are going well or would they be responsible for running mines, ports, caravans or ships to keep the guild profitable and the GBs coming in?

Would guild members be put in control of the guilds units? ships and soldiers. That would be an interesting concept as a battle would be a very chaotic affair (eg. Guildmaster general to guild member commander "No I said wait until I engage the center before attacking their flank!"

If it's anything like Shogun total war or Medival total war the units and commanders would gain exp for wins.

Could be interesting.
    To each, his own.

That's pretty much what I had in mind.

Guild members would have duties and responsibilities associated with the realm. Now, not all would need to do a specific service, just think real nobility. They would just be adventurers and members of the court. That can easily change as giuld needs change.

I was thinking Medieval Total War-style battles would only make sense. This would make this the biggest MMO out there. If there are 100 knights, we see them marching on screen. In command of where they go and what they do would be 1 guild member. In command of that guild member would be, of course, the GM, or ruler. This would really help the reality of war. Some unit commanders would do their own thing, or not do exactly what they were told, wihch would affect battles positively or negatively.

And if units were not in command of scions, then NPCs would be at their head.

Guildies would be responsible for almost any administrative duty you can think of. And because the number of guildies will likely outnumber duties, that would help with people not being on 100% of the time.

It would be a Strategy MMORPG. The first of its kind.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Arjan@Dec 12 2003, 10:08 AM
    I am currently working on a fully automated BR mmorpg written in PHP and mySQL

Arjan
    cool,
    im working in a similaire project ( fully automated BR mmorpg with php/mysql )
    but not for birthright only but for everyworld using birthright's system

it's for this , i'm interesting to modular ship

Downloads
    Uploads
    To those of you working on stuff for this please keep us informed!

I would be happy with the old Birthright computer game being made multiplayer (with hotseat capabilites to use it to simulate and track for a PnP game). But alas...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just think of it, a turn based system for realm actions and a real time system when conducting war.
    A MMORPG that encompases the entire continent of Cerilia.

that would be awesome.
    To each, his own.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Please stop.
    You are disturbing the peace of my heart.
    My dream is to see a Shogun game-type in Birthright world.
    Oh, wouldn't I be online then.

Thread Information