Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the positive feedback - I really like how the Purse came out too! And here is another little treat, though some may not like it:

Fiddle of the Mournful Dirge
    This violin and its bow are made out of a dark, rather heavy wood, its strings shining with a black-tinted silvery hew, while the bowstrings are pitch black. The sound coming from the violin is rich but melancholic, something peculiar when it comes to what music is usually played with the fiddle.

Weight: lb.

Abilties:
    This is a masterwork fiddle, so it always grants a +2 bonus on Perform checks made while playing, but the musician's performance is further enhanced by a +5 competence bonus whenever he plays a piece of music with a sad undertone, theme, or motif, such as a dirge, lament, or requiem.
    The fiddle also has a reserve of 5 charges per day. A character with 15 ranks in Perform (Stringed Instruments) and who has chosen the fiddle or violin as one of his types of performance for those ranks can also produce any of the following effects at the appropriate cost of charges; bards may use these abilities even if they have only 9 ranks and can spend uses of their bardic music ability instead of charges on a one on one basis (one use per charge that would be spent):
    • Inspire Dread (1 charge): Enemies within 30 feet who can listen to you receive a -1 penalty on attack and damage rolls as well as saving throws against fear and enchantment effects. Bards grant a penalty equal to the bonus they grant from their Inspire Courage ability.
    • Uncontrollable Hideous Mourning (2 charges): 1 target must save as if affected by Tasha's Uncontrollable Laughter but is crying his eyes out instead of laughing. Bards can affect a number of targets equal to the number of people they can affect with their Fascinate ability.
    • Soothe the Dead (5 charges): You can keep all incorporeal undead at bay as long as you keep playing; they cannot directly attack you by physical or magical attacks, nor can they come any closer than 10 feet from you, but they can affect you with an area attack.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hm... I was thinking: maybe it would be best if the Purse can hold up to 500 pp; or, better, there could be a "Greater" version just for that!

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At the risk of sounding obvious, rather than replying to a three-year-old thread (even if it is your own), why not create a wiki page and edit that instead?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sigh, http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Items is one of the many index pages I set up that the community has ignored.

Hopefully I will have more time in the future and can wiki some of the items noted here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, that was one of the pages I kept meaning to significantly add to. I just never got around to it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    Sigh, http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Items is one of the many index pages I set up that the community has ignored.

Hopefully I will have more time in the future and can wiki some of the items noted here.
    I just added the following:

Flora and Fauna

Description
    These two weapons are perfectly crafted scimitars with some unique qualities. They where created by Guilder the Mage, a powerful human wizard who vanished centuries ago (presumably into the Shadow World). The swords were named after the provinces of Flora and Fauna of Tuarhieval. Their creation was inspired by the beauty of the elven realms Guilder had once visited. The swords blades are perfectly matched except for the ancient runes inscribed on their blades (the names of the swords respectively). The blades are a pure silver and are free of any scratches and show no evidence of their hundreds of years of battle. The hilts' crossgaurds each contain two unknown gem that changes colors to match the dominant shade of the natural surroundings (green in a summer forest, brown in the fall, and white in a winter's snow, etc.). The sword's pommels are black and have various carvings of golden vines and leaves perfectly intertwined. Their scabbards bear various scenes of nature in all its seasons with borders matching the designs on the pommels.

Abilities
    The powers of Flora and Fauna are directly tied to the power of the land around them. They function in a similar manner to magical sources or ley l ines. They have the ability to channel the power of mebhaighl through their blades. The amount of mebhaighl they channel is proportional to the strength of the mebhaighl in the surrounding area. The amount of mebhaighl that the swords can channel is equal to the rating of the source of the realm they are in divided by two (round up). This value is the bonus that the swords receive on their To-Hit and to Damage rolls.

For instance, if the swords are being wielded in the province of Serimset of Talinie where the magical source rating is 5. The wielder receives a +3 to Hit, a +3 to Damage for each scimitar. On the other hand let's say that the swords are wielded in the Imperial City of Anuire where the source rating is zero. Since there is no natural mebhaighl to channel the bonuses on the swords are zero and they function as masterwork weapons with a +1 bonus to Hit only. Similarly if the wielder happens to be in Rhoubhe (for whatever foolish reason) where the mebhaighl power is radiated from centuries old trees and the source rating is 9, the sword's receive a +5 to Hit and a +5 to Damage.

Note: the ability of the swords to channel mebhaighl is weakened if both swords are not wielded simultaneously. If only one sword is wielded all magical bonuses are haved to a minimum of a +1. The swords will radiate magic if detected with a strength that is appropriate for the amount of mebhaighl they are channeling.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, rather than simply quote what we've each written there, I suggest we either use this thread as the discussion thread or I'll lock it safely away

Downloads
    Uploads
    or.... leave it to be able to make comments/suggestions for improvements.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's why I said using it as the discussion thread...

Thread Information