Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had this crazy idea the other day: why not create a new wondrous item for Birthright? I liked that, and came up with this:

Girdle of Dwarven Resilience
    This thick, tanned leather girdle is studded with two lines of small steel rings; the rings close together on an array of bronze or stone plates that cover the leather.

Weight: 4 lb.

Abilties:

· +4 to Strength in regard to carrying capacity.

Non-Dwarves:
    · Damage Reduction 1 + natural Constitution modifier/slashing or piercing (or whatever we decide is best when it comes to dwarven damage reduction&#33.

Dwarves:
    · Natural Armour +5.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That works. You could also modify the DMG's Girdle of Dwarvenkind and make it Cerilia-specific by adding the dwarves' DR vs. Bludgeoning for a slight increase in market value.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since the racial traits for dwarves have changed, I am going to change the suggested item as well:

Girdle of Dwarven Resilience
    [Description remains the same: tanned leather, studded with small bronze loops that hold stone plates together, each with two holes on each side. Weighs 4 libres.]

Abilities:
    • Non-Dwarves:
      • Can carry a medium or heavy load and wear a suit of medium or heavy armour with no speed reduction.
      • Damage Reduction 5/piercing or slashing.
    • Dwarves:

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not going to write up any background for the items so that people can integrate them as smmothly as they like; anyway, aren't we DMs supposed to be good at spinning tales?

In any case, I will be writing more such items in the following days; after I finish what I said I would send over Irdeggman's mail, that is... :unsure:

heheh

Looks cool, Are these other items going to be racial and regional specific? or more general to BR?
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am generally going to avoid writing too specific material in this regard: people always like being able to drop any object they get their hands on pretty nicely and imaginatively, not copying and pasting their finds from the net. Thus, only a small description of the objects and maybe a few plots or ideas will be included here...

As for the kind of the items, I think I am going to put up mostly racial and some class-related items... [RaspK FOG sighs contentedly: *Bards!* :P ]

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking of the various Bags of Holding and Handy Haversacks and Girdles of Many Pouches and what not and how this would work in my homebrewed campaign and realised that they would be particularly helpful when it comes to carrying around their money (cause there is not that much gold flowing around, if you catch my drift), so I came up with this:

Purse of the Five Hundred Crowns
    A bag of well sewn scarlet velvet, this purse is stringed with gold thread. Not very heavy or anything, it always looks like a bag full of coins, containing (obviously) around 50 pieces and weighing quite as much gold.

Weight: 1 lb.

Abilties:
    The purse can contain any number of coins that have a total value of no more than 500 gp. One could carry 50 platinum pieces (and thus actually have a really full purse), or he could put any combination of coins that totals a value of 500 gp.
    It is even possible to carry 50.000 cp in this manner, but if you try to put a coin that would exceed the 500 gp limit, a number of coins of the smallest possible value come out of the purse to reduce the amount to as close to 500 gp as possible; if the coins have already reached the limit, any number of coins of greater value come out so you can contain more of less value. For example, if you tried to put a gold piece when there would be 4.999 silver pieces inside, the gold piece gets in but 9 silver pieces pop out.
    Whenever you retrieve any number of coins from the purse, you retrieve the exact amount and kind of coins you want unless the bag does not have that exact amount, so it gives you coins of any other kind as close as possible and, if possible, no less than the amount you want.

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Neat, I like it. I might use in our game tomorrow.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool. Interesting Birthright item.
    History does not remember soldiers, it remembers Kings.

Thread Information