Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Br Mod

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there anyone still active in creating a Birthright NWN module?

Arjan
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When NWN first came out, I started working on one set in Taeghas, but life

intruded and I never got back to it. I intended on having it end with a

huge showdown with The Elf.

At 01:45 PM 11/21/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>This post was generated by the Birthright.net message forum.

> You can view the entire thread

> at: http://www.birthright.net/forums/ind...ST&f=21&t=2105

>

> Arjan wrote:

> Is there anyone still active in creating a Birthright NWN module?Arjan

>

>

>

>

>

>

>---

>[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus Scanner]
    Paranoia is merely an optimistic outlook on life.

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a couple set in the Imperial City that I started, and one my brother was working on (set in Tuornen, with elves as the enemies). I did a fair amount of work on the college of sorcery one, but then lost interest in it.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    > Arjan wrote:

> Is there anyone still active in creating a Birthright NWN module?Arjan

>

If someone would volunteer to made Birthright models and skins, I believe that Birthright rules could be implemented much better in Morrowind engine and scripting language. I`ve given a lot of consideration to both modular CRPGs. I think that all aspects of Birthright game could be implemented in Morrowind while some would be impossible in Neverwinter Nights. One reason for this is that NWN runs all the areas in the same time. With number of global scripts Birthright mod would need, it would be barely playable on fastest machines. Another reason is limitations of NWN scripting language which makes some things simply impossible.
    NOTE: Messages posted by Birthright-L are automatically inserted posts originating from the mailing list linked to the forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like what is impossible?

The only problem i have heard so far would be massive war battles. NWN

gets laggy if there are more then 20 spawns.

But what is the goal of making a BR module? There are a lot of Domain

turn based BR games out there, but there are none adventure based ones.

There are so many area`s on cerilia that are suitable for adventuring.

Why say "well without domain turns it aint BR" (not saying you say so

milos :)

(in a single player module domain turns can be done without to much

trouble, in a online multiplayer it`s a bit harder)

As a player I really would like to get my hands (and sword) on a

awnshegh. I any other game I would try to go Big-bad-stonebutt out of

the way. In NWN I can finally try to walk in and let me turn into stone

for the difference.

I really think NWN BR can be a huge playground after all, also for

people that do not know birthright.

> -----Original Message-----

> From: Birthright Roleplaying Game Discussion [mailto:BIRTHRIGHT-

> L@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM] On Behalf Of Milos Rasic

> Sent: zaterdag 22 november 2003 19:39

> To: BIRTHRIGHT-L@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM

> Subject: Re: [BIRTHRIGHT] Br Mod [21#2105]

>

> > Arjan wrote:

> > Is there anyone still active in creating a Birthright NWN

module?Arjan

> >

>

> If someone would volunteer to made Birthright models and skins, I

believe

> that Birthright rules could be implemented much better in Morrowind

engine

> and scripting language. I`ve given a lot of consideration to both

modular

> CRPGs. I think that all aspects of Birthright game could be

implemented in

> Morrowind while some would be impossible in Neverwinter Nights. One

reason

> for this is that NWN runs all the areas in the same time. With number

of

> global scripts Birthright mod would need, it would be barely playable

on

> fastest machines. Another reason is limitations of NWN scripting

language

> which makes some things simply impossible.

>

>

> **

>

> Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-

> l.html

>

>
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty familiar with NWN, as I play it every day on the HAZE PW (the best RPing PW for NWN- www.hazepw.tk).

What would a Birthright mod need, really?

-Blood Abilities

This could be accomplished a few different ways, but the easiest is probably to set up a subrace system and have either a dialogue at startup to choose blood abilities, or have it done randomly. For example, if you wanted to play a human scion, you would choose the human race at creation, then put in Human Scion for your subrace. Then when you entered the game, you would get your blood abilities (which would probably equate to nodrop items you used).

A complication of the blood abilities system would be investiture and bloodtheft. How that could be implemented, I'm not sure.

-Magic

There is no magician class in NWN, of course. Anyone who wanted to play a caster would have to also be blooded (or elven). I guess you could probably just trust the players to abide by the rules on this one.

-Magic Items

NWN has a tendancy to simply drop loot on it's own. Since it is based on the gods awful Forgotten Realms world, there is a LOT of magical loot. Something would have to be done about that.

-Elven Priests

This is another thing you could probably just trust the players to abide by.

That is all I can think of right now. Most of those features are certainly doable. A BR mod could easily happen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "There are a lot of Domain turn based BR games out there"

apart from the mot famus old Br game with the buggy adventures.
    And the PBeM
    what other BR domain games are there?

Hello all. I'm the author of the relatively old Bloodline system scripts on the vault, and I'm thinking of revisiting the idea, but this time with the BRCS and a lot of the new scripting that I've learned. Here are my ideas on the issues:

I'm pretty familiar with NWN, as I play it every day on the HAZE PW (the best RPing PW for NWN- www.hazepw.tk).

What would a Birthright mod need, really?

-Blood Abilities

This could be accomplished a few different ways, but the easiest is probably to set up a subrace system and have either a dialogue at startup to choose blood abilities, or have it done randomly. For example, if you wanted to play a human scion, you would choose the human race at creation, then put in Human Scion for your subrace. Then when you entered the game, you would get your blood abilities (which would probably equate to nodrop items you used).

A complication of the blood abilities system would be investiture and bloodtheft. How that could be implemented, I'm not sure.
    Bloodabilities should be relatively easy to do now with the item property assignment capabilities of HotU. Bloodline information could be done one of two ways: campaign variables that are set for the PC, or using the tags of the item that carries the bloodabilities. The first would be for a persistant world, the second would be good for a situation where there were a number of cross over modules, so that you could extract the information every time it was needed. Investiture would be taken care of by modifying the variables. The subrace thing is a really good idea.

-Magic

There is no magician class in NWN, of course. Anyone who wanted to play a caster would have to also be blooded (or elven). I guess you could probably just trust the players to abide by the rules on this one.
    Spellhooks. Wonderful things. You could catch the spell being cast and if it is illegal for any reason, nix it. You could also make it so that Nonblooded arcane spellcasters gain special effects to their divination/illusion spells.

-Magic Items

NWN has a tendancy to simply drop loot on it's own. Since it is based on the gods awful Forgotten Realms world, there is a LOT of magical loot. Something would have to be done about that.
    It is possible (I think) with the second expansion pack to disable mosters from dropping random items in most cases. The treasure system from the first expansion pack essentially allows you to create your own treasure lists. That would solve the problem.

-Elven Priests

This is another thing you could probably just trust the players to abide by.
    Spellhooks again can be used to disable divine spellcasting by elves. It would probably be better to allow for exceptions, however, as it is implied that elves can become worshippers of gods if they choose to. They usually just don't.

Would anyone be interested in having me implement something like this? I'm asking because the last set of scripts I created didn't really see any use as far as I can tell, and I don't want to go through all that trouble again for nothing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hey that'd be cool.. i've only just started playing the game again... and now i have broadband at home so i would be much more likley to play a MP game...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm working on one for NWN. It isn't a full conversion it is an adventure set in the world. I'm writing a ton of scripts with a few guys from work.
    Ken Johnson
    Artifact Entertainment

Thread Information