Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Br Mod

Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep up the good work! B)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by "bearcat"
    Would anyone be interested in having me implement something like this? I'm asking because the last set of scripts I created didn't really see any use as far as I can tell, and I don't want to go through all that trouble again for nothing.
    Most definitely. Between my brother and I, designing and building a world can be simply done. I say simple.. but it won't be easy. The Birthright setting is a large and detailed one. We would need to pick a corner of Cerilia and start there. This is what we're good at.

Scripts... here is where we aren't so good. Neither of us can script so not only will we look into your already written scripts over at the vault, if you are interested in doing more we'd love the help.

We are wanting to create a Birthright module designed for persistent world play. If the project gathers enough interest we would hopefully be able to make it a good generic base for those seeking to create modules and/or persistent worlds in the BR setting.

I'm not personally looking to create a single adventure module in so much as either:

1) A set of scripts, items, creatures, etc. for the Birthright setting for download.
    2) An actual world involving everything above and a good base setting for BR.

This project could either be set up hak free or perhaps due to the scope, with haks. Though again, most of the content that makes up a hak would be beyond my brother and I so... we would not do it without help.

In the end to be up front about my personl agenda here I want this done so that my brother and I could either play in or create/run a persistent world set in Birthright.

Any help or interest please feel free to e-mail me at: grey_bishop@yahoo.com

My brother and I are willing to spearhead such an initiative or should someone with more clout here step forward, support them. Ultimately, we want Birthright to hit Neverwinter Nights. B)

Downloads
    Uploads
    For really simple conversion, just make bloodpoints either tokens, in inventory, or as a value on a token, saved on the PC.

Some of the bloodpowers could be designed as amulets / what have you.

Domain turns I think, could be scripted, the problem here is tracking time for it.

Ie what time does the server use as game time = month. otherwise the rest of it could be done as convos, not too hard. Since all it is is money. you'd need tokens for owning say a temple or a guild, then the program would calc that, then store it oh in a chest or something as GB.

I've loved the BR setting for many years. I built my own Land of Etarnon (roleplay) inspired by it, but haven't really tackled bloodpowers, since I was learning scripting the last 1.5 years of running my own server.

Another issue, is just use the setting, and have the players be unblooded adventurers.

And I don't reeally see where NWN is limited on scripting, it's more limited on models are tough to make, and take a long time to get rigged if you want anything that isn't going to look blocky.

If you guys got a team where you need a halfway good scripter, I am in, and so hereby volunteer.
    Etarnon

Loremaster, Land of Etarnon (Roleplay)

Thread Information