Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm trying to devise a prestige class for the Swordhawk's Blutjäger, but as I've never done anything like creating a prestige class before, I could use some help. So here I am asking for some.

BLOODHUNTER
    <insert blurb here>
    Hit Die: d8

Requirements
    To qualify to become a bloodhunter, a character must fulfill all of the following criteria.
    Alignment: Any lawful (a bloodhunters must always follow the orders of the employer without question and must vow never to commit bloodtheft themselves).
    Skills: Gather Information X ranks, Intimidate X ranks, Survival X ranks (a bloodhunter must be able to efficiently uncover information about the whereabouts of blooded targets).
    Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (bolas, net), Track (a bloodhunter must be able to track down blooded targets and capture them alive).

Class Skills
    The bloodhunter&#39;s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Craft (poisonmaking) (Int), Disguise (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (nobility & royalty) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis).
    Skill Points at Each Level: 6 + Int modifier

Class Features
    All of the following are class features of the bloodhunter prestige class.
    Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A bloodhunter&#39;s weapon training focuses on weapons suitable for disabling opponents, rather than killing them. Bloodhunters are proficient with the blowgun, dart, flail (light and heavy), guisarme, halberd, ranseur, and sap. Bloodhunters are proficient with light armor.
    <insert other interesting class features here>

Base Attack Bonus: as ranger.
    Good Saves: Fortitude.

Suggestions for the missing pieces?

--the Falcon
    <span style='color:darkgray'>&quot;I like to be passionate and sincere, but I also like to have fun and act like a dork... Geeks unite.&quot;
    &#160;</span>&#160;<span style='color:brightgray'>&#160;&#160;—Kurt Cobain</span>

Downloads
    Uploads
    the Falcon writes:

> I&#39;m trying to devise a prestige class for the Swordhawk&#39;s

> Blutjäger, but as I&#39;ve never done anything like creating a

> prestige class before, I could use some help. So here I am

> asking for some.

Did you have any speciali abilities in mind? Favored Opponent: Scion or

something like that might be good. An ability to track scions might make

some sense.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    Requirements

Track:
    for city dwellers the Track feat would not be nessisery,
    but it is wery usefull for this class.

Exotic Weapon Proficiency (bolas, net):
    and you would not need every weapon thet you can capture somone alife with. For exaple I migth use a sap, or a trap to capter my blooded targets.
    I would say thet you need to be Proficient with a way to take a target alife, then let the player argue how he is going to do thet commonly.

Survival X:
    Well, if your not tracking, you dont need survival for this class, never the less it can be usefull. but not realy a Requirement.

Do you have any idee for the apple thet would atrackt people to this class?

use of nondeadly potions of something, witout the risk of geting infected yourselfe. f.x. to aply on a dart, or to put in somonse food.

we need some endge thet is not coverd in the other classes to make this one an apple.

h34r:

Edit:

Heres one bit:

Sens blood (Sp) at 3rd lv. as detect evil/magic, the spell, 3/day
    and at 10 lv at will.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe an enhanced sense of smell that enables smelling the blood of the gods.

The prerequisites need to be sufficient to force a character to be at least 5th level before qualifying. This would be at least 9 ranks in a skill (if my math is right) or a +5 BAB, etc.

It might be a good prerequisite to have a favored enemy - scion. This would give a lot of ranger benefits that normally are associated with a favored enemy.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    lv 3 : Detect blood - 3/day (Sp)
    lv 9 : Detect blood - at will (Sp)

Detect blood(Sp) as the spell, detect evil, or detect magic.

h34r:

I have written up some spells to increas the flow of idees
    i have marked some of them with a &#39;*&#39;

Werry usefull:
    Expeditious Retreat
    Hypnotism *
    Hold Person
    Suggestion *
    Helping Hand
    Change Self
    Charm Person
    Sleep
    Detect Thoughts *

to a lesser extent usefull
    Hold Portal
    Comprehend Languages
    Web
    Hideous Laughter
    Knock
    Confusion
    Emotion *

and perhaps a bit to powerfull:
    True Seeing
    Feeblemind
    Hold Monster
    Dominate Person
    Mind Fog
    False Vision
    Seeming
    Eyebite *
    Clairaudience/Clairvoyance
    Arcane Eye
    Prying Eyes

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gary wrote:
    "Did you have any speciali abilities in mind? Favored opponent: Scion or something like that might be good. An ability to track scions might make some sense."
    Yeah, I was thinking along the lines of something like Favored Enemy (scion) or something like that. Also, I thought about giving the bloodhunter the ability to sense the presence of a bloodline, like the paladin&#39;s detect evil or the elf&#39;s ability to automatically notice secret doors. Haven&#39;t though out the details yet. What do you think?
    <span style='color:darkgray'>&quot;I like to be passionate and sincere, but I also like to have fun and act like a dork... Geeks unite.&quot;
    &#160;</span>&#160;<span style='color:brightgray'>&#160;&#160;—Kurt Cobain</span>

Downloads
    Uploads
    Teloft wrote:
    "Requirements
    Track: for city dwellers the Track feat would not be nessisery, but it is wery usefull for this class."
    Well, I want to require this, because it kinda emfasizes the hunter element of the class.

"Exotic Weapon Proficiency (bolas, net): and you would not need every weapon thet you can capture somone alife with."
    True. I really only added the bolas as an afterthought. What about if I require Improved Disarm instead of Exotic Weapon Proficiency?

"For exaple I migth use a sap, or a trap to capter my blooded targets. I would say thet you need to be Proficient with a way to take a target alife, then let the player argue how he is going to do thet commonly."
    Well, I would like to set up a set of nonambiguous baseline of requirements for the class. I can always work with individual players from there.

"Survival X: Well, if your not tracking, you dont need survival for this class, never the less it can be usefull. but not realy a Requirement."
    True again. I added this after I had added Track as requirement, but yes, strictly put, it doesn&#39;t have to be a requirement, because indeed, it doesn&#39;t necessarily fit the class per se. I think I&#39;ll drop it.

"Do you have any idee for the apple thet would atrackt people to this class?"
    Apple? Sorry--what do you mean?

"use of nondeadly potions of something, witout the risk of geting infected yourselfe. f.x. to aply on a dart, or to put in somonse food."
    Yeah, I&#39;ve been toying with the idea of nonlethal poisons for this class, too. That&#39;s why included Craft (poisonmaking) in it. I suppose I could extrapolate a bit more on that.

"we need some endge thet is not coverd in the other classes to make this one an apple."
    I&#39;d say that&#39;s the goal of any prestige class, indeed, though I&#39;m still not sure what that apple is you&#39;re talking about.

"Sens blood (Sp) at 3rd lv. as detect evil/magic, the spell, 3/day
    and at 10 lv at will."
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    irdeggman wrote:
    " Maybe an enhanced sense of smell that enables smelling the blood of the gods. The prerequisites need to be sufficient to force a character to be at least 5th level before qualifying. This would be at least 9 ranks in a skill (if my math is right) or a +5 BAB, etc. It might be a good prerequisite to have a favored enemy - scion. This would give a lot of ranger benefits that normally are associated with a favored enemy."

I don&#39;t necessarily want to make Favored Enemy a prerequisite; this prestige class is not meant for rangers alone per se. Though then again, a little multiclassing never hurt anyone, I suppose.
    I think I&#39;ll just require Favored Enemy (any humanoid) instead. From there, I&#39;ll ad Favored Enemy (scion) as a feature to the class. Something along those lines.
    As for the skills, max ranks - 3 = character level, so 8 ranks would be the right requirement to make sure a character has achieved at least 5th level upon entry. I suppose I could just go with that per default, until I encounter a reason not to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to sifrent paths to this class.

the path of the rouge
    the path of the bard
    the path of the sorcerer
    the path of the ranger

I would personaly design this class to be a natural exstension of all thees without crossclasing.

I wote for using the &#39;skill fogus&#39; feat on something as a Prerequirement
    (perhaps &#39;Gather Information&#39; )

and the &#39;Use Rope&#39; is a must to bind the capterd ones.
    thet is a class skill only for Rouges and Rangers

But the &#39;Bluff&#39; skill is class for
    SORCERER, ROGUE, BARD But the Ranger only gets Bluff bonuses from Favored Enemy

Favored Enemy (Ex): At 1st level, a ranger may select a type of creature from among those given on Table: Ranger Favored Enemies. The ranger gains a +2 bonus on Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks when using these skills against creatures of this type. Likewise, he gets a +2 bonus on weapon damage rolls against such creatures.

At 5th level and every five levels thereafter (10th, 15th, and 20th level), the ranger may select an additional favored enemy from those given on the table. In addition, at each such interval, the bonus against any one favored enemy (including the one just selected, if so desired) increases by 2.
    If the ranger chooses humanoids or outsiders as a favored enemy, he must also choose an associated subtype, as indicated on the table. If a specific creature falls into more than one category of favored enemy, the ranger’s bonuses do not stack; he simply uses whichever bonus is higher.

if we dont want people to take this clas until at least afther 5 normal levels, we could set the Prerequirement of 8 ranks, counting the Rangers Favored Enemies bonus to Bluff.

h34r:

Ill follow with some quotes to PHB 3.5

Class name
    HD Type
    Special efect of class per level

Ranger
    HD d8

1st favored enemy, Track, wild empathy
    Combat style
    Endurance
    Animal companion
    2nd favored enemy
    Spells, Improved combat style

ROGUE
    HD d6

Sneak attack +1d6, trapfinding
    Evasion
    Sneak attack +2d6, trap sense +1
    Uncanny dodge
    Sneak attack +3d6
    Trap sense +2

BARD
    HD d6

Spells, Bardic music, bardic knowledge, countersong, fascinate, inspire courage +1
    Spells
    Spells, Inspire competence
    Spells
    Spells
    Spells, Suggestion

SORCERER
    HD d4

Spells, Summon familiar
    Spells
    Spells
    Spells
    Spells
    Spells

Downloads
    Uploads
    Teloft wrote:
    "I have written up some spells to increas the flow of idees
    i have marked some of them with a &#39;*&#39; "

Thanks, that&#39;s useful.
    Thänk ju weri matsh.

Thread Information