Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just have a single question here about the site..Why does it take so bloody long for my pages to load when i am on any page of this site???
    it is only with this site i go to any other site and i have absolutely no problem.
    My connection speed is an average of ( Transmission Speed 1143 Kb/s )
    so i am fairly sure that it is not me...is there any plan to reolve this or do i just have to live with it? i am not trying to moan and groan too much here it is just that i would love to be able to contribute to this site moe often but it is fairly bad to even be able to see a page here
    Check this out From Thanatos Arch-Necromancer of undeath

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never had much of a problem with it...

Downloads
    Uploads
    okay....hmmm... that is totally wierd...i did not have this problem when i first started coming to the site again like 2 weeks ago but now it takes me so long to load even a single web page...is so frustrating...lol,already f-disked my computer thinking it was me and all and even now it is doing the same thing...but i load up all other sites totally fine. oh well i will have to try to deal with it till it goes normal on its own at some later date

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does it happen at a specific time of the day/week? It could be the international viewing and accessing the site. Although I haven't had any problems, with minor exceptions as always.

Have you tried the Wizards' boards/sites - I believe they both use similar engines (I could be wrong on that though).
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    it is weird...I have this problem on no other server at all actually wizards site loads the fastest for me.. okay here is a breakdown for you okay from slowest to fastest on your site... the fastest pages to load for me were
    Empires of Blood-fast
    neverwinterBirthright-fast
    Birthright.net enhancements-medium
    A Bards Tale-medium
    Adventurers Guild-medium
    The Empty Bucket Inn-slow
    D20 BRCS playtest comments-really slow
    The Royal Library-i can watch my beard grow-slow

totally weird. like i said i have this problem on no other sites or forums so if i just have to live with it then let me know okay

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I have to say I feel like thees pages are a bit slow as well. Like the script has to read trow all the database before prosesing the data. insted to having a fast view for the most reacent treads. while the older threads would go to the slow catagory.

A quiq fix would be to manualy move all older treads to a nother forum part. or some kind of archive File library of older descussions. I sould not be so much of a problem to write a script thet would do it.

Or we could organice the treads by topics in the library. for eacy referance. and closing them. So no futher replyes can be added. Exept by creating a new trede here Referising to the archive.

How about thet. Lets create a library of the discussions. Any librarian in the group?

h34r:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by teloft@Nov 8 2003, 07:44 PM

Yes, I have to say I feel like thees pages are a bit slow as well. Like the script has to read trow all the database before prosesing the data. insted to having a fast view for the most reacent treads. while the older threads would go to the slow catagory.

A quiq fix would be to manualy move all older treads to a nother forum part. or some kind of archive File library of older descussions. I sould not be so much of a problem to write a script thet would do it.

Or we could organice the treads by topics in the library. for eacy referance. and closing them. So no futher replyes can be added. Exept by creating a new trede here Referising to the archive.

How about thet. Lets create a library of the discussions. Any librarian in the group?

h34r:
    I have disabled the gzip feature of this forum a couple of days ago.
    the server owner told me that BRnet was eating up all the processor time at the cost of everything else.

so this "slow" responding pages could be the problem. Although i dont experience any problems. they still load pretty quick on my side.

so basicaly adding a archive option for the database isnt the solution.

how do you mean that old msgs will slow up the category?

if anyone has an idea onhow to optimize the forum vs processortime, please let me know.

Arjan
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i have now enabled GZIP again, pages "should" load faster now
    i also disabled many database related queries like the statistics below the forum, birthdays and users online to see if this gives a better performance.

if this doesnt work, please let me know....

Arjan

Downloads
    Uploads
    nope still have the same problem man...where is the site located at? maybe it is just athat a couple of us are like waaaaays away from it so takes us longer cause i am still having the same problem as i said above. and like i said if i have to live with it let me know i will just post less often like 1/week instead of like on the other site i am a mod at 10 to 20 a day. come up with information fairly quick

actually i just noticed that when i am editing a page that page jumpes up extremely fast except for when i am done editing here then it taes forever for i to load again lololol is all good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    its very strange you have that problem. i havnt heard anyone else with this problem.
    i have tested the whole site yesterday with a appache benchmark tool.
    From all the requests I have done (several urls) 100 requests at the time per URL. Percentage of the requests served within a certain time (ms)
    50% 640 ms
    66% 650 ms
    75% 660 ms
    80% 680 ms
    90% 761 ms
    95% 821 ms
    98% 881 ms
    99% 1402 ms
    100% 1402 (longest request) ms

so 99% of the pages are generated below the 0.8 seconds. its not too bad

But if you think speed it the problem, you can also become a member of the Birthright-L mailinglist. All posts made on this board are ported to the mailinglist and vice versa.

then you only have to watch your email box.

Arjan

Thread Information