Hi

I've more or less completed my own version of the bloodlines for use with DnD 3E/3.5. There is still some work left playtesting and tweaking the various abilities; I'm not equally happy with the way some of the turned out. More work should also go into exploring what bonuses certain blood abilities give on the domain level of play.

The system was designed according to the following principles:

1. I want a system that is similar in concept to 2E bloodlines. No 7th ability score , scion class, feat trees etc.
2. Ther will be a bloodline score (meta-game concept), which will tie directly to bloodline strength (in-game concept). This is a departure fro 2E, which had only a loose connection between score and strength.
3. The bloodline strengths will be named: tainted, minor, major, great, and true. I don't see any reason to change this.
4. There will be a level adjustment to balance each strength:+0/+1/+2/+3/+4 respectively – the rest of the system needs to be balanced around this.
5. There will be 7 derivations, 6 which offer sacred bonuses and 1 which offers profane bonuses.
6. There will be lineages, which are “mini-derivations”. Some abilities are more common in certain lineages. Certain lineages may even offer abilities not normally associated with that derivation.
7. The bloodline score will be on a range from 1 to 100 or more
8. RP collection will be limited by bloodline score
9. Your bloodline score will determine the number of minor/major/great blood abilities you get
10. Your choice of blood abilities will be limited by your derivation. Abilities should normally be chosen, not determined randomly.
11. Abilities can be completely re-written, combined, split etc. They need not even resemble the old abilities, although were possible we will re-use the old material.
12. Abilities should potentially be useful in several situations. They need not be equally powerful all the time, but all abilities should be powerful enough to be interesting if used in the correct setting.
13. It is OK if bloodline also provide some benefits other than blood abilities. Currently the system does not have any such benefits, except regency collection.

I've had a lot of help from my players, in particular Even and Harvey, so thanks to you two.

If you want to check out the system, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/roerules/fil.../51-Bloodlines/

and download the two files there (you need to register at the site first).

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Bjørn