Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it wasn't one of the choices but I would love to see some adventures based on the Birthright setting. Also, another book with a bunch of mini-situations that a regent could face. Along with the Book of Guildcraft!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps another book like the Hero Kings book, which is without doubt the best birthright adventure released, a collection several adventures. I have a few ideas, actually I have 3 rather large adventures I was working on, I could continue on them. One is created for low level characters and set in Roesone, the other two are for high level characters.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Raesene I would love to see the finished projects. I also agree on your assessment of the Hero Kings book. I couldn't remember the name of it but a similar book is what I would really like to see!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there a chance that these products will be published by someone? Elton? Do you have an editor who wants it?
    Lofwyr, a dragon who answers to no one!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    What you're going to see Lofwyr is them downloadable here on birthright.net and some of the other major sites; Morg and Ians' come to mind though there are many others.

Hey Ian, is there going to be a new monster that's a cross between a lizardman and an ogre? We could call them morgramen!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lofwyr

Is there a chance that these products will be published by someone? Elton? Do you have an editor who wants it?
    Believe it or not, there is a precedent that they could be published by someone. Wizards of the Coast or some other third party d20 publisher. Here is a statement about the dead worlds made by Anthony Valterra, Brand Manager over the whole D&D mess.

What about some of the older settings? What is WotC's policy on these - would you consider licensing them out as you have done with Ravenloft? Is there any chance *at all* that any of them will see the light of day again as WotC game products?

Absolutely.

Absolutely you would consider licensing them, or absolutely they may appear as WotC products? Are there any specific plans on the table for any of the older settings other than the official sites we see now? Is there anything in discussion?

Yes!
    That was made on En World/D20 Reviews. http://www.d20reviews.com/Interviews/inter...s_valterra2.htm
    EN World - Interviews - Valterra2

Now lets take a look at the Facts. We KNOW that there is at least 500 gamers who wants Birthright back (910 have signed on BR.net). That means there is at least a potential revenue of $500,000 for the Birthright Product Line.

Now, if we make our products of such high quality and make them available for download, and if Arjan can keep track on how many downloads have been made, we can approach Wizards of the Coast for reviving the line. Or a third party publisher like Arthaus, Atlas, AEG, or Fantasy Flight.

Wizards of the Coast is the preferred option, since they own the orginal IP license. The best possible Scenario is this: Birthright gets revived by WOTC, the Design Team becomes the Official BR Design Team and Ed Stark or Richard Baker becomes our Brand Manager. The Worst Possible Scenario is that things stay as they are.

But with $500,000 possible in Sales, what 3rd Party Publisher can resist approaching us and Wizards for the license to publish new Birthright Material?

Respectfully Yours,
    Elton Robb
    Regent of Medoere

Downloads
    Uploads
    TSR quit making it for a reason. And when the idea came up once about buying the rights and told how finicky we would be and crap couldn't be put out one potential suitor went by the way side. If your thinking it'll happen, I have some real estate to sell you in Arkansas. (US residents will get that, I hope). I hope I'm wrong though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Times change.

Respectfully Yours,
    Elton Robb
    Regent of Medoere

Downloads
    Uploads
    $500,000 a year? How many of spend $1000 a year on D & D products or can afford that much?

Were sales that bad that they had to discontinue? Could it have been poor marketing?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lord Eldred

$500,000 a year? How many of spend $1000 a year on D & D products or can afford that much?

Were sales that bad that they had to discontinue? Could it have been poor marketing?
    Huh? I meant possible renavue in sales. Gross Sales. Of course that is Exaggerating a bit.
    Regent of Medoere

Thread Information