Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please explain the deity the elves have.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Elves have no diety but I was thinking of having a monkstyle monastary start up in Tuarhievel. In game rules it would only benefit from law holdings as they will have no clerical spellcasting abilities due to the fact that they worship no gods, instead they have decided to look inward spiritually to find an answer to thier problems with the humans. This small monastary was started by a group of elven sages and fighters, and although they are trying to find thier solutions through meditation, they also train constantly in the discipline and war, both armed and unarmed combat, for they realise that there will be more fighting before peace will ever exist. Thier special weapons are those typical of elves in BR, not the list given in the 3ePHB. Thats where I have gotten so far.
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the way monks are described in the 3rd ed. PHB are totally incosistent with Cerilian elves. Not only in terms of alignment (Lawful only vs. ALMOST ALWAYS non-lawful & generally chaotic elves), but roleplaying (self-discipline, constant meditation and focus etc. are totally opposed to the Sidhe chaotic nature).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally forgot about that, thanks for reminding me, but I did say that I was toying with the idea.
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps Queen Tuar of Tuarhievel could attain deific status, since she could sway almost the entire Sidhelien race from Azrai to the other gods at Deismaar...she´d be like a Birthright Corellon Larethian deity...???

And if one deity could sway the Sidhelien, I think it would be Laerme..she is the goddess of beauty and love, values much emphasized by the Elves.
    The Masetisan

Downloads
    Uploads
    :P A good topic

I would say the Elves wouldn't follow Laerme. They have many similar qualities, beauty and love, but then again the same applies with Ruornil and Eric, magic and nature.

The fact is the Elves of Cerilla also have a dark streak unlike the standard Elves of D&D, namely the Gheallie Sidhe, that many Elves still practice, that runs contrary to Laerme's belief system. The Cerillian Elves can't be neatly categorized like the FR Elves, they are complex creatures....

In the Elven mind....The human gods to the elves are simply extensions of the problems that plaque the Elves, namely human encroachment. Azari burned them like several posters have said, so the Elven psyche has a deep distrust of them, any of them. Realize the modern pantheon was once human, and a few Elves can remember them as mortals.

The Elves aren't atheists, they just don't go for organized religion really. They are imortals themselves, and hold their own individuality above all. In a way, they are almost gods in their own mind....to never grow old, and the ability to potentially last for all eternity. So I would say there won't be an Elven god anytime soon.
    http://www.crystaniana.com
    The Empire Will Never Fall!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't expand the gods out to anymore than what is already there: 11. Thats plenty enough as is! For me, more gods means more headaches and a butt load of questions as to why and what works and how and all that stuff.

The Dwarf god Moradin, for instance, is just another aspect of Reynir (now Erik). All the goblins, gnolls, and orogs worship what they think is their perfect version of a god, but it really is only Azrai (aka the Cold Rider). Halflings worship what turns out to be Basarji (Avani). The Giants used to worship Azrai. The Dragons had no god, being that they were of Aebrynnis, sorta like the Elves.

I've always viewed that Aebrynnis is the Seven Old Gods playground, so to speak, and they wouldn't let anyone else play in it (nor would their "Father" see the need to create anymore than 7 "children").

I say leave the pantheon as is. Its perfect! :)
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have added several more gods to the pantheon. Much like the apperance of Cuiraecen in the centuries after Deismaar, other gods have cropped up as well. Cuiraecen is known as Haelyn's and Nesirie's son etc. No reson why you can't expand on this.

The gods I have added are all demipowers though. They are either limited in their area of operations or have very narrow portfolios. They alos have a very limited following and rarely any propper temple holdings (except a smattering of level 0 holdings). Mostly they are worshiped in conjunction with the major gods (having a small shrine or statue inside the "father" temple for instance".

Sample demipowers of Cerilia:
    Naylar (son of Belinik and Kriesha) - God of Pain and Murder; Demipower, NE; Death, Evil, Suffering, Trickery.
    Lyesha (daughter of Laerme and Naylar) - Goddess of Hope and Dawn; Demipower, LG; Good, Healing, Law, Renewal.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Magian

Please explain the deity the elves have.
    IF you are a strict adherer to rules, BR rulebook indicates that Sidhelien have no deities at all and thus Cerilian elves cannot be priests. However there is a god of elves...

The god of elves is Corellon Larethian. Chaotic good. Known as the creator of the elves, the protector, protector and preserver of life, and ruler of all elves. He governs those things held in highest esteem among elves, such as magic, music, arts, crafts, poetry and warfare. Favored weapon is the longsword.

I also can see no reason why some might follow Erik. I never understood the rule that said Elves couldn't be swayed to follow a religion.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Elves are not like other races: immortal, magical, implacable. They are surley of the fey, not just mere humanoids.

Had elves been capable of worship, thay surely would have started a long time ago. Perhaps their fey nature makes them unable to worship a god. Perhaps it is the other way around: Gods cannot be worshiped by elves because of their fey nature?

IMC, elves are incapable of worshiping gods, just like all other fey. This is the price they pay for their immortality. They may live forever, but they will never know the joy of worship or have a place in the afterlife. When an elf dies, he retruns to the elements from which he came.

Elves are probably a quite spiritual people, but they are also very different from humans...
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Thread Information