Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Now I have to add that at one time the elves did believe in a god, Azari. Yes, they did get burned by him, but there still may be those that see him as the only way. ....The humans gods are the enemy still and the defeat of Azari was all there fault....

As for more gods, I think that for humans only a few more could be added. Most would be the same ones, under different names.

But there must be other lands that had nothing to do with Desmiir and they must have thier own gods or somehow been effected by the lose of those they believed in. Also, remember the Serpent and the Brecht Wizardress, can't remember her name, that are forming new temples or calling themselves gods. They are granting spells to clerics.

As for the Dwarves, I think they have one creator god, but may have lesser diety, call them saints??? The children of Moridan, I don't remember the number.

Halflings are a very difficault call so I will leave them alone...

Goblin and Humanoids worship a nunch of lesser demon and Azari in many different forms.

I still would like to see a general consensis about the rest of the BR world and what is out there. I know alot of us have ideas and would like to see them come to fruit.

Good Luke Ian, I hope more follow your footprint.
    The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever.
    (Isaiah 40:8)

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are several mentions that the elves recognize the existence of gods. How could they not when they got trashed by human clerics. The question is: did the elves actually worship Azrai, or did he just lead them astray. The goblins, the Vos and other such nasties are mentioned as worshiping him. Can't say the same for the elves.

I'm all for additional human gods, but they should perhaps be limited to demipower status or less. Very limited in portfolio or area of influence. It is then quite easy to fit new gods into the framework already in place.

As for gods in far of lands, they may or may not be the same as those worshiped in Cerilia. Remember that the six tribes worshiped the same pantheon, even though they must have had little contact with each other (at least with the Basarji). Might the same be true for the rest of the world? If so, what happened after Deismaar? Did they continue to worship the old gods or did they turn to the new. Or did they perhaps get new gods at that time?

The Serpent? Is he turning into a new deity...

The dwarves worship Moradin. Moradin made 8 children. I have used them as lesser gods of the dwarven pantheon.

Halflings in the Burrows are mentioned as engaging in some sort of Mother-nature worship or something like that. Not very serious about it though. Halflings that live among humans probably adopt human gods - just like they adopt everything else.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Halflings according to the Birthright rulebook worship Avanalae.

Kartathok is a greater god worshiped by goblin-kind. Page 80 of the rulebook describes him and indicates that he is similar to the god Maglubiyet found in DMGR4. Kartahok is the head of an entire pantheon of goblin gods further described in Monster Mythology. Thus I disagree with Bryon's statement that goblins worship a much lesser demon.

I find it hard to believe that elves worshiped Azrai, I find it more likely that they were deceived into an alliance with him because of the humans.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Burrows section from the Havens... also have some information on halfling religion.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Thread Information