Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do any of the members get to the conventions? Particularly Gen Con?
    Abbess Allessandra
    from the United Provinces of Haelyn
    "On your knees...to pray!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to, but with a wife and two kids, a full time job and insufficient disposable income--No.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's too bad they are really fun! You get to meet a lot of interesting people and learn new games and skills.
    Abbess Allessandra

Downloads
    Uploads
    If someone were willing to sponsor me like a knight in a tourney I'd go for the proper financial backing. ;)
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been to one once before. It was a really cool experience. My favorite is when I joined a family who plays together. A mom, dad, daughter and son. It was the best!

It looks like I will be going again this year with a little help from you Abbess ;)

Lawgiver, I have a wife and two kids. Abbess is a wife with two kids. Her husband plays. Money is always an issue but where there is a will there is a way even if it is over eight years between each convention experience.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

I live in Milwaukee, WI. This is the last year in this city, it goes to Indianapolis, IL next year.

If people need places to stay I have a spare room and my mother has two. I think we could put some people up.

By the way Wife and One Son:)
    The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever.
    (Isaiah 40:8)

Downloads
    Uploads
    So do you go every year? Will you go when it moves to Indy?
    Abbess Allessandra

I just moved back from Florida about 4 years ago, so I missed alot. I went in 2001 to hear some of the news. I felt left out, I used to own a game store and sold it, so fell out of the loop.

I plan on going in 2002 and have family in Indy so will try to keep going.

I sat in on a meeting about what went wroung with GenCon in Milwaukee and how to make it better. I hope they take some of our suggestions. Wish they would have stayed here.

If anyone is going this year I would love to set up a Birthright board game and run a huge campaign. Youed have to bring your own minitures or buy them there. Maybe Wizards would help to promote BR3E:)
    The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever.
    (Isaiah 40:8)

Downloads
    Uploads
    though I've heard fantastic comments from everyone I know that has gone. Now that my last child has flown, I intend regular attendance.
    BTW, I dm one face to face with a son in law, two sons, my son's best friend and his wife. The family that plays together . . .
    "Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."
    -Jules de Gaultier

Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually volunteer at the con. The whold group is going. Lord Eldred is our DM. Maybe you could hook up with us and we could play some BR. You can run an event if you want just contact WOTC. events@wizards.com
    I believe that is it, if I am wrong it is out on their website. I think that a BR group getting together in Milwaukee for the potentially last Gen Con there would be way cool.
    Abbess Allessandra

Thread Information