Some thoughts on RP/Action/GB Blooded & Non-Blooded Balance

From almost before I finished reading the BR rules the first time, I wanted I wanted more general base rules for pre-Deismaar, and other continents interaction, with a superstructure of the Blooded on top of it. I felt there was too much blooded-centric rules and not enough on what the rest of the population was and could do. Of course with a limited number of pages, concentrating on what's different in the setting is the way to go.

Obviously some type of pre-Deismaar governing was going on for inter-continental migrations and wars (though there was direct intervention and heavy-handed leadings by gods on both sides mutating events). I was interested in a general set of rules that would help run domain-level actions on other worlds -- as well as fascination with this specific setting, mutated by the accidental partial- Armageddon, the unforeseen Ragnarok, and the unplanned New Gods and god-touched Blooded learning by trial and error.

The BRCS does offer mechanics to run non-blooded realms. Many actions that required RP (agitate, diplomacy, rule holdings beyond level 1, trade routes ...) can just have gold and court actions thrown at them. RP is a modifier, but not an essential ingredient. So the BRCS team has done something I've been meaning to, but not getting around to spending the hundreds of hours to do for years now.

Thanks!
My objection now -- just no pleasing some people, is that the rules have too little emphasis on the accidental heirs of the gods -- as evidenced by the accumulation of leftover rp.

I think that there should be a solid "mundane" base to build on. In this phase I'd eagerly go checking medieval demographics, crops production, rat of mold in granaries and how often horseshoes needed to be replaced and development of windmills and horse collars and pike squares. For this phase, while there can still be much haggling over details (understatements 'R' us), the courts and actions are a tolerable mechanic.

What I think is more neglected is the divine and magical, religion, the effects of the War of the Gods on current politics. The "hey! How did he do that!" effects of a partially-divine ruler on the rest of the world.

A small suggestions follows.

To be continued,

Lyndon