I don't know if this has been bought up before, but it was something I was thinking about recently.

Bascially, what I'm wondering is how can elves use the rule province domain action given their low population growth. As an immortal race, I doubt they are churning out lots of little elves each year. In fact, the birth rate may even be as low as 0.1% or something like that. Which means for a nation like Tuarhievel there would be around 200 elves born each year.

Taking away those lost in wars and to sickness might cut this number in half, so my question is how can any elven nation ever increase its population, at least in games terms. If an elven population increase at 1-200 elves a year, and it takes many thousands to increase the population level, then logically it would take decades, if not centuries for an elven nation to achieve the sort of population growth needed to increase the population level of a province.
This same problem could apply to dwarves as well, as they would have a lower birth rate than humans.

Compare this to a human nation of similar size, with a population growth rate of say 3% would give you 6,000 births a year. So that nation could rule at least 1 province a year (if it was a level 1 or 2 province).

Comments?