Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, all! I'm new to this forum, obviously, and thought I'd post the background of my own BR campaign to see if any other gamers could maybe dig deep and help me out with some storylines. Here goes.
    My campaign background is as per the RoE book up until a point 22 years ago when Gavin Tael of Ghoere acquired a Tighmaevril weapon and attempted to become the next emperor. He suceeded in conquering Roesone and Endier and scaring the southeastern realms (Aerenwe, Ilien, Osoerde and Elinie) to back his claim for the Iron Throne. A few sharp battles against Avanil and Alamie and enough of Anuire was beaten for the others to capitulate and accept him as the new emperor rather than after being divested of their bloodlines after his nigh-invincible armies came to visit. Help came from the Rjurik, as Tael promised them Dhoesone in return for heavy raids against the coastal states, especially Boeruine.
    It was at this point that Tael accepted the Gorgon's taunts and attacked him on his own ground (funny how history has a way of repeating itself ) where hiw bloodline was taken and his armies scattered. Mhoried and Ghoere were conquered and occupied before enough of Anuire united to stop the Gorgon alone the Maesil and Stonebryn rivers.
    If you want to hear more I'll check back in a few days...JP

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wana hear more

Downloads
    Uploads
    Play began in GR (Gorgon's Reign)22 in the City of Ilien, where the wizard regent, Rogr Aglondier lay dying of Breakbone fever, like many of his subjects in the plague stricken city. The PCs are commissioned to break the quarantine and find the heir, Lyr Aglondier, somewhere in the Occupied Territories.
    The PCs find Lyr, return him to Ilien and find the city a burnt out ruin with no gold, no armies and a greedy Diemed looking on. Diemed had absorbed Medoere after the death of the 13 day emperor, Gavin Tael, and was hungry for more.
    Lyr was invested with the regency of the domain and Roesone and a few other friendly neighbors sent envoys to endorse his reign when the threat of plague had passed. Lyr appointed one of the fighters his personal champion, another his spiritual advisor and the others were given other posts as valued retainers in the service of the new count.
    One of the first things the Count did was to pardon a Brecht guilder named Dieter Goss, imprisoned in the county gaol after embezzling a fortune from neighboring Diemed. In return for a year of faithful service, the talented but scheming guilder would be granted his freedom. If he proved false he would be turned over to the vengeful Duke of Diemed.
    It was at this time that the exiled ruler of Osoerde, now adult William Moerghan, petitioned the Count for support in regaining his rightful rule. Though all sympathized with the exiled duke, little Ilien was no match for a powerful Osoerde, especially in her destitute state and the Count was forced to refuse, after "accidentally" letting slip of a potential refuge in the less civilized area in Northern Ilien.
    Sadly, Soleme of Osoerde, henchman of the Usurper Jaison Raenech, learned of the Count's duplicity and a diplomatic incident very nearly turned very ugly...
    If you want more just let me know... I'm looking also for ideas...What's going on in your own campaign...JP

And after?

Downloads
    Uploads
    ... "The Saga Continues"... The PCs received gifts from Ulwar Brassbeard, a dwarf trader they rescued from the occupied territories when they delivered the sad news to the heir. Spurred by this generosity, the Count dispatched the PCs to Baruk-Azhik to negotiate for a trade route with the reclusive dwarves and was surprised to learn of the Orog-Dwarf war and the dwarf need for fresh troops. The PCs hunted down and slew a prominent orog chieftain, gained the trust of the Overthane, a new trade route, an agreement on a troop swap deal and the services of a dwarf PC (secretly an heir to the conquered realm of Mur-Kilad&#33.
    The PCs learned of the upcoming Sword and Crown to be held in Alamie, the first such event since the fall of Ghoere and Mhoried and were dispatched to The Chimaeron to negotiate with the mad Chimaera for the location of the Sword of Roele, a mighty gift that was eventually given to the Duke of Alamie. The PCs participated in the Sword and Crown module following the Sword of Roele module and the 3 most prominent were awarded the Gift Blades of Alamie, a set of enchanted magic daggers; Elfspite, Catseye and Ladykiller. Theyve since learned what the first 2 do, but the purpose and powers of Ladykiller remain a mystery.
    For foiling the scheme of the princess of Avanil and preventing another disastrous war the PCs gained much acclaim and helped cement friendly relations with the hard-pressed Duchy of Alamie (hard-pressed for the expense of maintaining the Stonebryn Line).
    In a very busy year, the PCs were next dispatched to the Khinasi state of Zikala to negotiate a trade route with the mysterious east. They had many adventures in the city and were astonished to discover that the worship of the old gods was frowned upon in favor of some prophet or other (Al-Qadim, anyone?)....

Thread Information