Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you ever offer bloodline points for good roleplaying or as rewards for domain actions (particularly adventures)?
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Experience points are what the DM rewards PC with. Bloodline points are what PC's reward themselves with through good judgement in game play that enables them to collect enough RP to increase their bloodline score.
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never thought of this actaully. I think it can be a useful tool, but one that would need to be used only very rarely.

I recall reading in the rule book, that bloodlines wax and wane with the quality and success of a regents rulership. This might be interpretted as a bloodline award/penalty.

While I'm not abject to the idea, I would use it only once or twice in an entire campagign.
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    By no means was I suggesting you pass them out like candy. But I was just curious if anyone though of using them as a reward/penalty. I mean if you go on adventure and recover a relic that offers 10 or 20 or more bloodline points. Why not occassionally offer them simply as a reward rather than a relic? a 1-3 pt reward is much less of a balance tipper than a relic of power!
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree good Giver of Laws... I would rather have the players rewarded with a blood point or two - that won't make much of a difference in the game really - rather than hold onto the Cauldron of Midnight or the Sword of Roele or something for any length of time.

I think a bloodline reward could be very useful as a tool - IF used wisely and with appropriate discretion.

I would do it, but I haven't yet.
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    My vote was other because I have never done this but I am not against doing it. I would also say if the DM can giveth, the DM should also be able to taketh away. Just as good role playing should be rewarded, so to should bad role playing.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not GMing right now, but I don't have a problem with awarding or penalizing by bloodpoints. Actually it seems like a very natural step in progress.

My question on this would be what would you reward bloodpoints for? What kind of actions would it take to have you take away blood points from a regent?
    Arlen Blaede-Blademaster
    Regent of Myddjarna
    First Lord of the Giant Downs

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, under very rare circumstances - it's happened six times in as many years of playing BR.

The primary road to increasing you bloodline should be by expending RP to boost it: I'm against giving BP based on good rulership - a character that rules well should be able to increase his line through use of RP.

Still, the land sometimes grants commoners entire bloodlines if they prove worty. No reason why the land can't reward scions who perform some great quest.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Green Knight, give me an example of a quest you would approve giving bloodline points for, please. :)
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Example:

Killing the Basilisk, driving off the Black Spear Tribes, using years to heal the land, enlisting the aid of the giants to rebuild the capital and finally reinstating the lost (LG), heir to the Djiran throne might be worth a few points. The land itself is grateful. ;)
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Thread Information