Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A character just raised his blood score and his RP score is now lower. Due to some loss of regency from a minor event the character needs to covert a blood point to RP to make the costs.

Does the character get the same amount of RP back that was spent to raise his score?

I think to raise the score from 40 to 41 costs 41 RP now. But to go from 41 back to 40 gets 41 RP or is there a penalty, like only getting 20 RP back and dropping the score to 40.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by destowe@Oct 16 2003, 08:54 PM
    A character just raised his blood score and his RP score is now lower. Due to some loss of regency from a minor event the character needs to covert a blood point to RP to make the costs.

Does the character get the same amount of RP back that was spent to raise his score?

I think to raise the score from 40 to 41 costs 41 RP now. But to go from 41 back to 40 gets 41 RP or is there a penalty, like only getting 20 RP back and dropping the score to 40.
    Barring anything that comes out in the Running a Domain Chapter to the contrary (it takes precedence in this issue) a regent gets his current blood score in RP when he converts a point of blood score to RP and not the 'new blood score value'. So you are correct in your statement here except don't think in terms of what was spent think it terms of what is being sacrificed, its semantics but points out the 'correct' starting point for an action like this.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    In the BRCS a regent gained half as much regency converting a blood point to regency as it cost to convert regency to a blood point. Why are you changing this particular rule. It helped to make raising a bloodline much more unlikely.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by irdeggman
    I also tried to keep in line with the guidelines for balancing blood abilities (already in the BRCS-playtest) as an attempt to keep all minor abilities on par with each and the same for major and great.
    That would be nessessary, if blood abilities are free to choose. IMO randomly created bloodlines needn’t be watched this hard, but since this system is made for both, watching them is not bad. Is my idea this unbalancing? I don’t think so. Granting simply an extra feat is nice, but not overwhelming. A blood ability is something “god granted” so it can be a bit more “special”.
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Ariadne@Oct 17 2003, 11:45 AM
    Originally posted by irdeggman
    I also tried to keep in line with the guidelines for balancing blood abilities (already in the BRCS-playtest) as an attempt to keep all minor abilities on par with each and the same for major and great.
    That would be nessessary, if blood abilities are free to choose. IMO randomly created bloodlines needn’t be watched this hard, but since this system is made for both, watching them is not bad. Is my idea this unbalancing? I don’t think so. Granting simply an extra feat is nice, but not overwhelming. A blood ability is something “god granted” so it can be a bit more “special”.
    Well since that comment was addressing someone else's suggestion and not yours, Ariadne, it is hard to make the comparison.

One of the comments that came from Azrai was that the ECLs were off for random generated blood abilities. Specifically if someone got a "bad" ability then they felt ripped off. By trying to equalize the abilities of the same strength this helps to mitigate that type of issue. regardless of whether or not there is an ECL involved, if 2 people roll for the same type of ability (i.e, each gets a major ability) then their resultant random rolls shuld be pretty much on par with each other so that neither feels like they have ended up on the short end of the stick. In order to keep this type of balance is a feat like ability is added to one blood ability then the same equivalent power level needs to be added to blooda bilities of the same level in order to maintain this fairness. Pretty soon the blood abilities have grown so powerful that drastically alter the game in and of themselves. Blood abilities were supposed to be something that gave scions a "little something extra" but not something that made them outclass the non-scions so readily.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Jew schrieb:

> This post was generated by the Birthright.net message forum.

> You can view the entire thread at:

> http://www.birthright.net/forums/ind...ST&f=36&t=2012

>

> The Jew wrote:

> In the BRCS a regent gained half as much regency converting a blood point to regency as it

cost to convert regency to a blood point. Why are you changing this

particular rule. It helped

to make raising a bloodline much more unlikely.

I don´t remember that rule from the BRCS, but if that statement is

right, then magical items like "Bloodstone Rings" (from the 2E Book of

Regency) would become less valuable when anyone can convert bloodline to

RP without any loss.

bye

Michael

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m eliminating the scion templates and going with scion class levels. This is more conducive to allowing ECL’d characters to start in a 1st level campaign. I’m basically taking the scion classes from proposal D and tweaking them some.
    What "tweaks" are being made, exactly? I'm trying to write up some NPC proposals for the Atlas, but need some specifics.

Here's what I'm going on: BAB as cleric/rogue; d8 hit die; high Will save, low Fort and Reflex (this only makes sense, as blood powers focus the will more than the body); 4 +INT skill points per level, w/ class skills similar to the Noble.

Anything I'm missing (besides gaining appropriate blood powers at each level of progression) or have wrong?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by ConjurerDragon@Oct 19 2003, 12:18 AM

I don´t remember that rule from the BRCS.
    michael, check out page 37 of the BRCS under "increasing/decreasing bloodline score".
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Jew schrieb:

> This post was generated by the Birthright.net message forum.

> You can view the entire thread at:

> http://www.birthright.net/forums/ind...ST&f=36&t=2012

>

> The Jew wrote:

>
    Quote Originally Posted by ConjurerDragon,Oct 19 2003, 12:18 AM

> I don´t remember that rule from the BRCS.
    > michael, check out page 37 of the BRCS under "increasing/decreasing bloodline score".

Found it. Thankyou.

Michael

Thread Information