Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a little something I put together today. What do you all think?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ghuralli

Awnshegh Fighter 10; CR 13, Large Construct; HD 18d10+30 (129 hp); Init –1; Spd 20ft; AC 30, touch 8, flat-footed 30 [–1 size, –1 Dex, +22 natural]; +22/+16 melee (2d10+11, 2 fists); Face/Reach 10ft. by 10 ft.; SA none; SQ Construct traits, damage reduction 15/moraskorr, darkvision 60ft, heat body, immunity to magic, low-light vision; AL LE: SV Fort +11; Ref +3; Will +5; Str 33, Dex 9, Con —, Int 15, Wis 13, Cha 18; Height 12 ft.
    Skills: Bluff +5, Intimidate +13, Lead +13, Listen +3, Search +6, Spot +3, Warcraft+9. Feats: Awesome Blow, Blood Focus, Cleave, Conqueror, Great Cleave, Great Leader, Improved Bull Rush, Leadership, Military Genius, Power attack
    Bloodline: Azrai, major, 19
    Blood Abilities: Fear

Construct: Immune to mind-influencing effects, poison, disease and similar effects. Not subject to critical hits, subdual damage, ability damage, energy drain, or death from massive damage.
    Heat Body (Su): Once per day Ghuralli can heat his metal body to white hot intensity, causing a bonus 2d20 points of heat damage in melee combat for 1d4 rounds. He is exhausted after such an attack and loses his strength bonus to damage for the next 4 hours until he recovers.
    Immunity to Magic (Ex): Ghuralli is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against him, as noted below.
    A magical attack that deals electricity damage slows Ghuralli (as the slow spell) for 3 rounds, with no saving throw.
    A magical attack that deals fire damage breaks any slow effect Ghuralli is summering from and heals 1 point of damage for each 3 points of damage the attack would otherwise deal. If the amount of healing would cause Ghuralli to exceed his full normal hit points, he gains any excess as temporary hit points. For example: a fireball that would normal cause 18 points of fire damage strikes Ghuralli, instead he heals 6 points of damage. Ghuralli gets no saving throw against fire effects. Fire is also the only way Ghuralli can heal damage to his metal body, as he is immune to the effects of healing magic.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad I'm not playing in the Giantdowns!
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion -- and usually easier."

- R. A. Heinlien, from The Collected works of Lazarus Long

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see Ghuralli as an emerging power in the region. He has only just become and awnshegh, but already he has conquered two elven provinces and captured one from the Scarlet Baron. If he isn't stopped quickly he could soon overwhelm the giantdowns and forge a kingdom to rival at the very least the scarlet barony, and perhaps even the gorgon one day. Although if he went up against the gorgon now, Raesene would cut him to pieces (even with Ghuralli's metal body), who knows what the future will hold.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is Guralli your idea? I don't remember appearing him in several books. Otherwise thumb up...
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    He is featured in the Rjurik Highlands expansion, and in the Kings of the Giantdown accessory. He is a new awnshegh who is it rumoured freed an imprisoned fiend and was granted with an indestrucable iron body. He recently captured two provinces from Lluabraight and is facing off against The Watch in the Giantdowns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Raesene Andu@Oct 14 2003, 03:17 PM
    He is featured in the Rjurik Highlands expansion, and in the Kings of the Giantdown accessory. He is a new awnshegh who is it rumoured freed an imprisoned fiend and was granted with an indestrucable iron body. He recently captured two provinces from Lluabraight and is facing off against The Watch in the Giantdowns.
    Ah OK. I'm not this familiar with the Rjurik Highlands...
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    What does "damage reduction 15/moraskorr" mean. What is moraskorr?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's been a while since I read the specifics, but its found in the Player's Secrets of Baruk-Azhik. As far as I recall, its an extremely tough metal that only the dwarves can mine and smith.
    The "DR 15/ moraskorr" is how damage reduction works in Edition 3.5. Using a Moraskorr weapon will allow you to bypass the DR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Moraskorr = Adamantium

It is Dwarven name for it, as outside of the Dwarven halls, the metal is virtually unknown.
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion -- and usually easier."

- R. A. Heinlien, from The Collected works of Lazarus Long

Downloads
    Uploads
    Morskorr is an extremely rare ore found only in Baruk-Azhik

Morskorr is not the same as Adamanitine. (I know the BRCS say it is, but I'd like to see that changed.) Where Adamantine gives an enchantment bonus to weapons and armour. Morskorr gives a non-magical bonus to weapons - due to the unique properties of the ore, Morskorr is too difficult to forge into armour, even master dwarven smiths have difficultly forging weapons of this material and each weapon or object created is considered a masterpiece of dwarven craftsmanship while may be why they don't allow the other races to know of this ore.

Thread Information