Thread: Law Claims

Hi, I realize that this has probably already been discussed in another thread, but I can't find it via the search, so if I'm beating a dead horse then please post a link to that discussion

I've run into an issue on the way Law Holdings are run in the BRCS, mainly that they have the fixed income as opposed to taking their income from other holdings. One player made the point to me that if he has control of all the holdings in a neighboring realm's province, then that means that he controls the means by which his neighbor gains his taxes and income. In 2E that would mean that he could swallow quite a bit of the province's taxes, but in the BRCS he can't touch it. Has this been discussed at all?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, there are rules for that in the BRCS. See Seizures, Ch. 5, p. 97. It goes like this:

Law holdings earn 1/3 their levels in GB as regular income, but they can also "appropriate" income from other holdings in the form of tarriffs, banditry, taxes, etc. It's not the norm, of course, as it really pisses off other regents, but it's an option for hostile regents. The rule says a law holding can earn 1d6 GB from other holdings in the same province (limited by the income of the other holdings), including land, guild, and/or temple holdings. The appropriating regent decides which holdings to take from. Fortified holdings are immune to seizures.

So it's changed from the original rules for Law-based seizures, and been simplified a great deal. Not a bad job, all in all, in my humble opinion.

-Osprey

Downloads
    Uploads
    SO law holding can do both now, great thear own income and tax outhers?
    Doesn´t that make it hard to me the temple og guilder?
    I nean that income has already been cut alot and then some law regent takes 1d6 aditionaly, THat would in me game ruin the preist and guilder.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In my game, Seizures are rarely used because most law holders don't want to make enemies of the other regents. Seizures are very heavy-handed, and not well-recieved in my opinion. I figure that diplomacy can do a better job than using seizures.

I'd say the most common use of seizures are as a form of banditry in foreign lands. Also occasional "war taxes" or trade tarrifs - but doing this without the permission of the affected regents is a good way to make some serious enemies.

-Osprey

Downloads
    Uploads
    On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Osprey wrote:

> In my game, Seizures are rarely used because most law holders don`t

> want to make enemies of the other regents. Seizures are very

> heavy-handed, and not well-recieved in my opinion. I figure that

> diplomacy can do a better job than using seizures.

In my game, law claims are automatically applied every domain turn.

Everybody accepts them as the perfectly normal cost of doing business.

Ryan Caveney

Downloads
    Uploads
    lets say there is a provienc where there is a fortifyed temple(3) and Guild(3) but the law holding thet used to be there has been destryed by a nabouring army, and thet army has now gone without tuching the temple and guild.

the land is now lawless, with no law holdings what so ever,

if there were some bandits or pirates, thay would be represente as law holding, but there arnt any law holdings here now.

Questions,

How dos this afect the provienc?
    How dos it afect the income of the temple / Guild?
    would this have any other effects?

h34r:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by teloft@Oct 22 2003, 10:46 PM
    lets say there is a provienc where there is a fortifyed temple(3) and Guild(3) but the law holding thet used to be there has been destryed by a nabouring army, and thet army has now gone without tuching the temple and guild.

the land is now lawless, with no law holdings what so ever,

if there were some bandits or pirates, thay would be represente as law holding, but there arnt any law holdings here now.

Questions,

How dos this afect the provienc?
    How dos it afect the income of the temple / Guild?
    would this have any other effects?

h34r:
    The most immediate effect is on domain attitude and that generally affects all actions in the province. See pg 92 of the BRCS-playtest for more detailed discussion of this.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    what Im realy saying, is there no limit on how many GB one Provience can produce?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by kari@Oct 23 2003, 03:04 PM
    what Im realy saying, is there no limit on how many GB one Provience can produce?
    Their is a limit, the income from the the max number of law, temple and guild holdings + the province level.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    At 04:04 PM 10/23/2003 +0200, kari wrote:

> what Im realy saying, is there no limit on how many GB one Provience

> can produce?

There are some practical limits since provinces can only go to level 10 in

population level, so there`s a maximum amount of GB that can be earned from

the revenue tables, trade routes, etc.

If you`re talking about a limitation on GB like the bloodline strength

limitation on RP collection, then no there`s no limit to the amount a

character can produce from his domain.

Gary