Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the first of a series of regular design contests for the Atlas of Cerilia. It is my hope that the BR community uses this opportunity to become involved in the Atlas project and helps create something significant.

Overview
    This time I am looking for information on the contellations of Cerilia, and consequently the star signs for the Cerilia Horoscope. As Cerilia has the standard 12 months, then we will be looking for 12 of these. One, Haelyn (see the Crown of Glory entry in Ruins of Empire) is already mentioned, but there are still another 11 constellations to describe.

Obviously, as this information will only take up a small section of the book, we're not looking for vast essay on each star sign, but around 75-125 words or 2-3 paragraphs would be good. You can include a brief history of the constellation (who discovered it, who is named after, that sort of thing), a description (what does it look like) and a short rumour or event that might surround it (either magical, religion, or cultural). You don't need to include all of these, or any, but something like that would be good.

How to enter
    It is quite simple. Once you have written up your description, either post it here on the forum/list in reply to this message, or e-mail it to me directly at dmdarkstar@yahoo.com.

Remember to include the name of your star sign/constellation, its description, and the name (or alias) that you wish to use in the Atlas credits section, as everyone who submits something to the Atlas of Cerilia will get a mention.

This contest will run for two weeks, and I will post the final list of star signs/constellations a week later.

Contest Rules
    1. You may submit as many different entries as you like.
    2. The usual warning on profanity etc, keep it clean please.
    3. The project head (that would be me) has the final say on what is included in the Atlas.
    4. Your submission may be edited before inclusion in the final Atlas.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I`m working on a new ersheghlien description (the Nightbird) that includes

some info in the constellations of Aebrynis. So far there are four

constellations included: The Spiral, the Huntress, the Unicorn and the

Citadel.

Others that might be included are; the Crown, the Pentacle, the Cauldron,

the Twins, the Hierophant, the Grand Gates and the Northern and Southern

Dragons.

I haven`t put much more thought into these descriptions than that, but more

info will be forthcoming....

Gary

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. I will look forward to see it.

It did occur to me recently that the people of Cerilia must place a fair importance on the positions of the stars. The elves believe the spirits of their dead become stars (as do the spirits of all other immortals). The Anuirean calander is based on the movement of the constellation of Haelyn. Finally there is the moon (Ruornil). I've come up with something neat about the moon and the SW that I will include as part of the Atlas...
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Raesene Andu:
    "It did occur to me recently that the people of Cerilia must place a fair importance on the positions of the stars. The elves believe the spirits of their dead become stars (as do the spirits of all other immortals). The Anuirean calander is based on the movement of the constellation of Haelyn. Finally there is the moon (Ruornil)."
    I can imagine that pretty much every single Cerilian god - except for Ruornil and Avani, of course, who already each have a much more prominent celestial body at their disposal - would have its own constellation. After all, there's not that many Cerilian gods, especially if you count only the human gods, and there's plenty of room up there.
    Bear in mind though, that different cultures have different names for the same constellations, even if they do recognize the same ones. The ancient Egyptians, for example, did not have the same names for the constellations as the ancient Greeks did, even though they had pretty much the same ones.
    <span style='color:darkgray'>&quot;I like to be passionate and sincere, but I also like to have fun and act like a dork... Geeks unite.&quot;
    &#160;</span>&#160;<span style='color:brightgray'>&#160;&#160;—Kurt Cobain</span>

Downloads
    Uploads
    the stars, the piramits and becoming a god.

as the egiptan saw it, you had to go to the stars in order to clame your rigth of godhood. Some of the pitamits were constructed with small tunnles pointing at sertan star signs. As some sort of transporting device for the king to become a god. leaving his phisical body behind.

Now Im thinking of the mummy. where the powerfull king became a mummy. and then was able to claim his old bode and rome the earth as undead with some nice powers.

h34r:

Thread Information