Thread: Epic Birthright

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi

So you've bought the book...but what to do with it. You don't like playing in other worlds, and BR is all about characters with fewer levels than their shoe size.

You know which one I'm talking about...the one with all the epic stuff. All that lowely epic stuff you'd love your players to have. Imagine the sidhe ranger with epic goblin-killing feats, or going up against a fully-fleshed out member of the Lost. I know you want to, so dig the book out of the closet and start sharing some ideas!
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've played an Epic BR campaign once before, but that was under 2E. The campaign ended with one of the PCs dying heroically by selflessly sacrificing himself to protect Anuire from the encroaching Shadow. For this he was canonized (Divine rank 0 in 3E), and took his place at the side of Haelyn. Well, that was a very brief summary of a very long campaign.

Now, a couple of centuries later, the young saint has grown in importance and actually ascended to godhood - he's a low-power demi-god now. He has a following among soldiers of Anuire and even has a Knightly Order dedicated to him.

Now, the young god has seemingly abandoned his followers and left Anuire to fend for itself. The priests think their god is displeased with their efforts, and call for heroes to go on a great quest to learn what must be done to regain their god's favor.

Enter the PCs:
    A half-dragon fighter/templar
    A monk/wizard/cleric/mystic theurge

Now, they must adventure across Cerilia and beyound (including other planes), rubbing shoulders with the movers and shakers, and trying to learn what they must do to placate their god.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are a few Dugeon magazines that have some epic level adventures in them that i have used in the past (Glacier Season issue #87, Just make the White dragon a Cerillian Dragon and his offspring, still can be in the frozen tundra say the vos lands).

Downloads
    Uploads
    i would love to see a campaign where aduria tries to take over cerilia or at least the old empire there in aduria attacked and tried to sunjugate roels and a few other realms to use as a beachhead to try to take over all of cerilia for then all the rest of the regents would have to try to team up to try to stop it,and since seeing all of this turmoil along southern anuire the gorgon "might" try to expand his territory as well...heh heh heh what a wonderful and wicked idea...
    Check this out From Thanatos Arch-Necromancer of undeath

Downloads
    Uploads
    At 08:00 AM 10/30/2003 +0100, lordofallandnothing wrote:

> i would love to see a campaign where aduria tries to take over cerilia

> or at least the old empire there in aduria attacked and tried to

> sunjugate roels and a few other realms to use as a beachhead to try to

> take over all of cerilia for then all the rest of the regents would have

> to try to team up to try to stop it,and since seeing all of this turmoil

> along southern anuire the gorgon "might" try to expand his

> territory as well...heh heh heh what a wonderful and wicked idea...

Funny that you should mention that. I`ve been scribbling up a few notes

for a campaign with exactly that theme, tentatively entitled "Invasion"

right now. It features a new awnshegh of epic proportions and a few nasty

surprises that ought to be interesting.

Gary

Thread Information