Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good point Sellenus! End of discussion. ;)
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Strahd
    Lawgiver is a second edition fanatic...
    ... however, weapon Finesse is an excellent feat. Moreover, it only applies to weapons that CAN benefit from high dexterity, i.e. dagger, rapier etc. Noone can use his dexterity bonus wo wield a great axe/sword, not even a long sword or a battle axe. And dexterity applies only in the attack, not damage rolls.
    I guess that in 2nd ed. spending an additional weapon proficiency slot for a weapon could allow you to attack with you dex. bonus instead of the strenght one.
    I have begun to see the light of 3e... I've got the books now you know... scary things are happening lately...
    As Strahd said Weapon finesse is only for select weapons.

Strahd: If you took the extra prof. Would you get both bonuses?

Orginally posted by Lord Eldred
    Good point Sellenus! End of discussion.
    Not really since I'm not under the 3e section of threads. I thought a rationale reader would assume 2e...:)
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where is the sign designating this a 2nd ed area?

or am I irrational?:)

Oh well, I probably am...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have never had a problem with using deterity to determine a bonus to hit someone. It is however a different manner of fighting all together.

I will also agree that weilding any melee weapon requires that one have a certain minimum of strength. However, dexterity is what determines whether or not that power is applied in the appopriate direction. So taking a proficience (2ed) or using a feat (3ed) makes perfect sense for applying your dexterity modifier on the to-hit.

As to the argument that light weapons don't to much against heavy armors (example of the Crusades) the problem here was that the scimitar weilders had really no previous experience with facing heavy armor. They really didn't know where the weak spots were. That and scimtars are primarily slashing weapons with is what chain was designed to protect against.

With dexterity and lighter weapons it's all about making your shots count. Aim for specific points and wear your opponent out.
    Arlen Blaede-Blademaster
    Regent of Myddjarna
    First Lord of the Giant Downs

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not really since I'm not under the 3e section of threads. I thought a rationale reader would assume 2e...:)[/quote]

This really isn't either 2e or 3e. It is general talk!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Thread Information