Thread: "last Post"

Downloads
    Uploads
    A Quick Piece To Draw To Your Attention:

I've been noticing that the "Last Post by..." label on the boards isn't always accurate and/or consistent. Am I missing something, or is this a real problem?

Osprey

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think there are some big bugs to work out here.

In some cases, the only way I can view the latest replies via the forums is to hit "add reply" and see the summary of replies there.

In many other cases, the forum doesn't refresh properly, and there's a definite lack of correspondence between the actual latest post, and the post the forum says is the latest one.

Pretty annoying, and it tends to make the forums hard to use.
    Jan E. Juvstad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been tracking this problem as a poster, and what I've discovered is that problems occur in the long topics with 20+(rough guestimate) replies to a topic. I don't know if it's related to the page lengths or what. What I've noticed is that in the long topics, there's a "cutoff" point beyond which no new posts are shown. For instance, in the "Nature School for Elven Wizards" topic in D20 BRCS Playtest forum, I've had to use "Add Reply" to view the last 10-15 posts! Gets pretty unwieldy.

-Osprey

Downloads
    Uploads
    The problem was that the posts made by the mailing list didnt count up to the post total number of posts.

i have corrected every single thread.. (well a script did the work for me) and fixed the mailinglist script (i think so)

so everything should work normal again.

there is still one little bug in it... it doesnt reset the last poster on the index page. but i'll fix that later when i got a descent i-net connection again

Arjan
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Mark_Aurel@Aug 5 2003, 10:28 PM
    1)
    In some cases, the only way I can view the latest replies via the forums is to hit "add reply" and see the summary of replies there.
    2)
    In many other cases, the forum doesn't refresh properly, and there's a definite lack of correspondence between the actual latest post, and the post the forum says is the latest one.
    3)
    Pretty annoying, and it tends to make the forums hard to use.
    1) fixed

2) will be fixed soon

3) you can also click "My assistant" to see if there are new posts since your last login.
    or you could subscribe to either a forum/board or a thread

A.
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Thread Information