Thread: Half-orog

Downloads
    Uploads
    Half-Orog (Hagalz) Racial Traits

Half-Orogs stand taller than humans (6½’ tall) but have short, stocky legs, like there their Orog ancestors but have basically human nature. Brutish appearance make them unwelcome in EVERY society an usually are mistaken for real Orogs . The orogs consider all other races to be their enemies so they consider .
    Half-Orogs to be there weakness. For that Half-orogs are called “Halgaz” (The weak one), What they are serenely not .

• +2 Strength, -4 Charisma (can not be lower then 3)
    • Medium-size (6’ to 7’ tall); base speed of 30 feet.
    Darkvision, effective to 60 feet.
    • Orogs Blood: A half-orog can be considered an Orog for many purposes, including the using of special orog weapon or magic item.
    • Automatic Language: Any one language. Bonus
    Languages: None.
    • Favored Class: Barbarian
    Vosgaard's Veliki hrast.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by hazard@Aug 4 2003, 12:59 PM
    Half-Orog (Hagalz) Racial Traits

Half-Orogs stand taller than humans (6½’ tall) but have short, stocky legs, like there their Orog ancestors but have basically human nature. Brutish appearance make them unwelcome in EVERY society an usually are mistaken for real Orogs . The orogs consider all other races to be their enemies so they consider .
    Half-Orogs to be there weakness. For that Half-orogs are called “Halgaz” (The weak one), What they are serenely not .

• +2 Strength, -4 Charisma (can not be lower then 3)
    • Medium-size (6’ to 7’ tall); base speed of 30 feet.
    Darkvision, effective to 60 feet.
    • Orogs Blood: A half-orog can be considered an Orog for many purposes, including the using of special orog weapon or magic item.
    • Automatic Language: Any one language. Bonus
    Languages: None.
    • Favored Class: Barbarian
    Why a minimum Charasma? The only abillity score that can't be reduce to below 3 by racial modifiers is Intelligence, at least core rules wise that is.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well generally scores below 3 are really meaningless. Who would play a character with a Dexterity score of 2 (even if that is not officially unacceptable)?
    I would not...
    Look at the PHB in the tables of the scores, and what they represent in the real world, and I am sure you shall get my point
    Madness is a step towards thinking logically.
    Hard earned experience, from RPG sessions

Downloads
    Uploads
    2 Reasons:
    Charisma is always a victim of other scores especially Strength, dexterity and constitution (Except classes that need Charisma). Every Fighter Barbarian or ranger is ugly in my campaign. So I don’t let any one to have any score below 3.I think that was the rule in 2nd addition. But do you think that any one would let you in party if you had charisma lover than 3) and role –play is also a problem.

Second: is more like –2 for ugliness and –2 for not getting along with other races. It is sad in the Campaign Settings that Orog consider every race for their enemy’s. I could not put – on Int and Wis because Orog are not stupid and you could call them Tactical and tricky so wisdom in their better side.
    Half-orog is not so Ugly bat more cursed in relationship with other race’s.

(You will probably find grammatical mistakes because English is not so good. I am form Vosgard :unsure: )
    Vosgaard's Veliki hrast.

Downloads
    Uploads
    >

>This post was generated by the Birthright.net message forum.

> You can view the entire thread at:

> http://www.birthright.net/forums/ind...=ST&f=2&t=1856

>

> hazard wrote:

> 2 Reasons:

> Charisma is always a victim of other scores especially Strength, dexterity and constitution (Except classes that need Charisma). Every Fighter Barbarian or ranger is ugly in my campaign. So I don’t let any one to have any score below 3.I think that was the rule in 2nd addition. But do you think that any one would let you in party if you had charisma lover than 3) and role –play is also a problem.

>

>

Charisma is not beauty, so low charisma is not necessarily being ugly.

Consider the 3E Ogre Mage with high Charisma and he is certainly not the

type the princess would like to kiss. Charisma is force of character,

persuasive personality. And for getting along with other races: Wasn´t

there somerthing in Dragon where a half-orc could use his STR modifier

instead of the CHA modifier for an Intimidate check?

bye

Michael

Downloads
    Uploads
    Favored Class: Barbarian
    Why Barbarian as favored class? Orogs are generally neither uncivilized nor unorganized. In 2e Birthright, Orogs had some supremely well-organized military units, like Pikemen and Infantry. What barbarians fight in well-ordered ranks? Honestly, I think Fighter would be a better favored class. Funny, though, very few humanoid races have Fighter as a favored class. Too powerful?
    -Osprey

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I didn’t put my reasons why would Barbarian be Half-orogs favorite class.
    You are right for orogs they are organized and Fighter is good chose for favorite class (for orogs) but I pictured half-orogs as outcast from orog society (it don’t have to be like that if you don’t like the idea). If half-orogs would be accepted in orog society there would be no reason for them to leave the tribe. (So no PC). They are running from orogs and fight as they know brutal and with rage not to mach technique (feats).
    Orog are evil and if Half-orog is outcast he could be turned more to chaos then evil. Thank for good question.
    Vosgaard's Veliki hrast.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Hazar,howz it goin'!
    The general idea of the half-orog race is great,you figured that the Birthright would need some race like half-orc but since orcs don't exist on Cerilia you had to put orog-human offsprings.Some thins are not so clear to me yet,like why must half-orogs be exiled from orog society,it is clear why they are exiled from human societies(except vos?).Why do orogs mate with humans if they know that they will create "Halgaz" children.Does the half-orog have some military unit and if they do who controls it(what manner of abomination)?
    So cheers to you mileague and noble DM.

p.s. Mazi nesto kenja za ponedeljak kao mora da ide u teretanu ,pa ajd se cujemo danas da se dogovorimo kad cemo igrati.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are right for orogs they are organized and Fighter is good chose for favorite class (for orogs) but I pictured half-orogs as outcast from orog society (it don’t have to be like that if you don’t like the idea). If half-orogs would be accepted in orog society there would be no reason for them to leave the tribe. (So no PC). They are running from orogs and fight as they know brutal and with rage not to mach technique (feats).
    Hmm, I suppose there's an issue of how much race determines alignment, eh? I agree with your idea of chaotic tendencies for outcasts, however, I've always thought of barbarians as closely tied to their tribal backgrounds / cultures. That's why they get a better skill set than fighters.

If I were a 1/2-orog outcast trying to make my way in human society, I can tell you exactly how I'd try to get by: with my superior physique. Nobody is going to like or trust you in general, but many commanders will consider the fact of how well you fight, and you could easily make your way as a mercenary or a bandit. I still think fighter works best for this: maximum focus on fighting skills and techniques, little care for skills.

Personally, I've never heard of Orog berserkers (do they exist in some BR supplement?), so it's hard for me to translate the raging berserker / wild barbarian to their halfbreed descendants.

On a side note, I imagined a similar group becoming a surviving, viable race of their own in Aduria (the results of Adurian "breeding projects" from before Deismaar).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, again. I like your idea very much (Nobody is going to like or trust you in general, but many commanders will consider the fact of how well you fight, and you could easily make your way as a mercenary or a bandit. I still think fighter works best for this: maximum focus on fighting skills and techniques, little care for skills.) Now my idea of making same race with barbarian as favorite class is doom. joke
    What about lets say : Azrai s plan of crating a half-breed from vos and orog. Giving them a “Gift of war.” Like he gave it to vos people.
    Gift of war – Azrais blessing +4 Str +4 Con –4 int – 4 wis and improved rage. Then barbarian would be better for favorite class for ½ orog

-my theory for vos:
    Heritage Of Vasgaard
    Under Vorryn (Adurina Vos)+1 Chr –1 Con preferred Class: Sorcerer, True magic to 6 level
    Under Azrai (Gift of War) better say curs +2 Str +2Con –2 Int –2 Wis –2 Chr
    improved rage. preferred class :Barbarian +1 ELC
    After Azrai his gift is gone(Cerilian Vos) +1 Str –1 Int (Something in meddle ) preferred class :Barbarian (the Gift is supported by Belnik & You know who “THE LADY”)

So something like that for half–orog and then I cud then let vos people alone!!!
    But in generally you idea works !!! Thanks. Maybe you cud help me with this.
    Vosgaard's Veliki hrast.

Thread Information