I have noticed a recent disturbing trend in people disrespecting others while posting. Every now and then this flares up. Something we should all keep in mind is that there is a physical person on the other end of that post. All people deserve to be treated with respect and name-calling and insults really have no place in a mature society of gamers, which is something we all strive to be (at least that is my opinion, I hate to speak for others on this).

This site was originally created to be a place where gamers with a a deep love of the Birthright setting could openly discuss their views and not have to worry about being told that they are ignorant, or idiots or other less polite phrasing of the same general concept.

It is important to realize that not all people game in the same way. For example there are those who don't play domain actions at all (or rarely) and those who don't play the adventuring aspects of the game (or rarely) so people need to keep in mind that not everyone is arriving at their opinons from the same perspective. This doesn't even address the international aspects.

I know that Gary and the other moderators have their hands full in trying to politely "police" us in this. Maybe by starting a separate thread with this topic it might help when newer people show up that aren't as familiar with the "Code of Conduct" and it will help those of us who are by giving a place to go back to every now and then and remind ourselves of what it is really all about.

Several have mentioned the Wizards' Code of Conduct so here's the link:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=community/coc